Ingredients for making Satsebeli sauce for poultry dishes
- Walnuts (peeled) 200 g
- Unripe grape juice 0.5 cup
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Chicken broth 0.5 cups
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground hot pepper 1 teaspoon. a spoon
- Cilantro Greens 0.5 cups
- Imereti saffron 1 tea. a spoon
- Main IngredientsGrapes, Nuts
- Portion 3-4
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Blender or mortar with pestle, Glass, Refrigerator, Gravy boat
Preparation of Satsebeli sauce for poultry dishes:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.Let's start with the fact that it is almost ready - peel the garlic and divide into cloves, and rinse cilantro with running water and finely chop on a cutting board. Walnuts need to be chopped and, peeled, to separate the kernels, but if you bought already peeled, then this is even better - you will spend less time cooking. If instead of chicken broth you have only broth set, then you need to cook it. By the way, the stronger the broth, the tastier the sauce. The same applies to grapes, if you have bought so far only a bunch of grapes, then you need to squeeze the juice out of it. You can use not only the juice of unripe grapes, but also the juice of pomegranate and blackberry, or better yet a mixture of them. Therefore, choose as you prefer. All is ready? Then let's get started!
Step 2: Cooking Satsebeli Chicken Sauce.Nuts with garlic, herbs and spices (excluding Imereti saffron) should be grated into a paste. You can use a blender for this, or you can use a special mortar and pestle - if it’s more familiar to you. Then add saffron and spread the whole pasta with chicken stock - do not rush, rub the mixture thoroughly, and enjoy the cooking! Then add sour juice and grind the sauce again. The sauce is ready, and if the chicken you want to try "Satsebeli" with is ready, you can serve it on the table.
Step 3: Serve the Satsebeli sauce to the chicken dish.Serve the sauce in cold form, or in warm, but not hot. The spicy-nutty taste perfectly shades the taste of chicken, both boiled and fried, and baked on a spit, and even a chicken chicken. Serve the sauce in a special gravy boat, or pour it with a ready-made chicken dish. Enjoy your meal!
- - If desired, you can add a little chopped onion to the sauce.
- - If you do not have chicken broth, you can dilute the sauce with boiled water. Sour juice can be replaced with wine vinegar. Of course, the taste of the sauce will not benefit from this, but you will have a general idea of it.
- - Do not confuse ordinary saffron and Imereti - these are different spices. Imereti saffron also has the name Cardobenedict.
- - The sauce can be stored in a glass jar in the refrigerator.