Ingredients for making Greek Dzadziki Chicken Sauce
- Unsweetened yogurt (sour cream) 400 ml
- Garlic 6-8 cloves
- Cucumber 1 pc.
- Lemon 1 pc.
- Dill 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil (sunflower) 1 table. a spoon
- Main Ingredients Cucumber, Garlic, Yogurt
- Portion 3-4
- World CuisineGreek Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Grater, Spoon, Garlic press, Deep plate, Fork, Refrigerator, Gravy boat
Making Greek Dzadziki Chicken Sauce:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.We have few ingredients, and it won't take a lot of time to prepare the sauce. Let's start with the cucumber - rinse it with running water, remove along with the tips all the harmful substances that have accumulated in them, and then rub on a fine grater. We wash the dill and shake to get rid of excess fluid, and then finely chop on a cutting board. Peel the garlic and finely chop the cloves. You can use a garlic squeezer. We wash the lemon, cut a couple of circles and squeeze the juice out of them. We need about 10 ml of juice - this is about 2 teaspoons.
Step 2: Cook the Greek Zaziki Chicken Sauce.Take a deep plate and pour oil and lemon juice into it, mix the mixture with a fork. Gradually add yogurt or sour cream, continuing to mix to evenly distribute the ingredients. Add garlic, dill and cucumber, mix the sauce until smooth. Then salt to taste and try. Put the finished sauce in the refrigerator for cooling for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Serve the ready-made Greek Dzadziki chicken sauce.Ready chilled sauce is served in a special gravy boat along with the main course. You can decorate it with a sprig of mint or a circle of cucumber. Dzadziki sauce will surprise you with its unusual combination, as well as diversify the taste of meat on your table. Enjoy your meal!
- - From the recipe you can exclude dill or replace it with mint. Both are optional ingredients.
- - Unsweetened natural yogurt without additives is difficult to find, so you can replace it with sour cream, kefir, yogurt or a mixture thereof. The main thing is that the base is thick, savory and not too harsh taste.
- - You can use not a whole cucumber, but its juice.
- - You can also add olives and ground black pepper to the sauce.