Pistachio Cream Ingredients
- pistachios 100 gr. (peeled, unsalted)
- sugar 35 gr.
- icing sugar 25 gr.
- mango 1 pc. (medium size)
- strawberries 500 gr. (fresh or frozen)
- orange -1 pc. (medium size) to taste
- lemon juice 1 tbsp. (freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon)
- lime juice 1 tbsp. (freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime)
- cream 200 ml.
- butter 1/2 tsp
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 2 servings
Inventory:colander, blender (or food processor for chopping pistachios), cutting board, pan (preferably iron), plate (flat), bowl, glasses, mixer
Cooking pistachio cream:
Step 1: Grind the pistachios.Boil water. Prepare chilled water. Put the pistachios in a colander and douse them with boiling water. Then pour the pistachio kernels with cold water. After that, remove the husks from the pistachios. Now you need to chop the pistachios. This is best done with a blender or food processor, but if you don’t have one, chop the pistachios in half with a regular knife on a cutting board.
Step 2: Cook the pistachios in sugar.Pour the icing sugar into the pan, add 25 gr. ordinary water, pour chopped pistachios into the pan. Simmer for 7-10 minutes over medium heat. Grease a plate of butter. Put the pistachio mass on top of the plate, let it cool.
Step 3: Making Mango CreamWash the mango, peel and peel, transfer the mango pulp into a separate bowl. Now take a spoon or fork and rub the pulp well. Stir until the mango is mashed. Mix mango pulp with lime juice, transfer the mixture to 4 cups and cool it.
Step 4: Make Strawberry Mashed Potatoes.Wash the strawberries, peel off the sepals, transfer to a bowl. Rub the strawberries with a spoon to a puree state (similar to operations with mango pulp). Add sugar and lemon juice, mix everything again. Better use a mixer for this purpose (or a food processor).
Step 5: Mix the pistachio cream.Put the strawberry puree on the pistachios laid out on the plates. Put all this in the refrigerator for a while, whisk the cream with a mixer. Wash the orange, cut off a few strips of zest (beautiful) from it. Now garnish strawberry puree with cream, mango cream and orange zest. Serve chilled to the table. Enjoy your meal!
- - Add in a strawberry or mango puree several whole pistachios, sprinkled with sugar.
- - Pistachio cream tastes best chilled. Do not let it cool and do not store it for long. Eat immediately.
- - Whipped cream can be replaced with creamy or vanilla ice cream.