Ingredients for making broccoli in batter
- Broccoli approx. 500 grams
- Eggs 2 pieces
- Flour 1 cup
- Beer 1 cup
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Spices (pepper, dill, parsley) to taste
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Deep-frying vegetable oil
- Main Ingredients Broccoli
- Serving 6 servings
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Saucepan, Colander, Bowl, Mixer, Frying pan, Paper napkin
Cooking broccoli in batter:
Step 1: boil broccoli.Before boiling, broccoli must be washed and carefully disassembled into inflorescences. Small ones. After all, they will then have to be fried. In a saucepan, boil slightly salted water and lower the broccoli inflorescences into boiling water. But not for long, a maximum of three minutes. Digest it to nothing. Now let’s throw the broccoli in a colander and let the water drain.
Step 2: prepare the batter.First of all, we take the eggs. We separate the yolks from the proteins. Add sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil, flour and beer to the yolks, mix everything thoroughly. You can use the mixer, only at low speed. Beat the whites in thick foam in a separate bowl and pour into the batter, stirring constantly.
Step 3: fry the broccoli in batter.In a pan with high sides or in a small saucepan, we heat the vegetable oil. And now we take broccoli inflorescences one by one, lower them in batter and carefully put in oil (do not drop, as the oil is hot and can burn you with drops). When the color of the batter becomes golden, remove the broccoli and put it on a paper towel so that the excess remains are absorbed and the dish is not too greasy.
Step 4: serve to the table.A plate with ready-made broccoli can be sprinkled with finely chopped dill, or eat just with any sauce. Enjoy your meal!
- - Beer in batter can be replaced with mineral water and gas.
- - The batter can be made thicker or more liquid. In the first case, it will be more difficult for fat to get to broccoli, and the crust of fried batter will be thicker. And vice versa.
- - Additionally, this hot dish can be sprinkled with breadcrumbs and grated cheese.