Ingredients for Sabouranes
- Wheat flour about 1 kg (for dough)
- Eggs 5-6 pieces (for kneading dough)
- Fat cheese from 5 to 7 different varieties (main ingredient)
- Garlic 1-3 cloves (for seasoning)
- Butter 300 grams
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Cheese, Flour
- Serving 5 servings
- World cuisine Ossetian cuisine
Inventory:Dough kneading utensils, Deep pan, Fine grater, Rolling pin for rolling dough, Wide pan, Bakeware
Step 1: Dough.We take the dishes in which we will knead the dough, add flour, eggs, water there and knead a pretty cool dough. Who used to make noodles will understand. So, the dough should be cool. After kneading - set, about half an hour in the refrigerator.
Step 2: Cheese.We take a fine grater and three all the cheese that we have, and it should be at least five varieties, as mentioned above.
Step 3: Roll out the dough.After half an hour, we take out the dough from the refrigerator, divide it into six flat parts and roll out five parts with a diameter equal to a frying pan in the form of cake. The last, sixth cake is made larger in diameter, so that it hangs from the edges of the pan.
Step 4: Cook the cakes.Prepare a frying pan with high edges. Then we take a wide pan, fill it halfway with water, salt strongly and put on fire. We need boiling water. Next to the gas stove, where the water boils, we put another wide pan, but already with cold water. After the water boils, take the largest cake and lower it in boiling water for 3-5 seconds, immediately take it out and lower it in cold water. Again, take them out cold and immerse in boiling water and back. Repeat 2-3 times. After all these “hardening” procedures, we spread the cake in a deep pan. Take the grated cheese and spread it on top of the cake layer with a layer of about 1.5 centimeters. Important! Do not press the laid cheese, it is better to remove the excess and carefully level it. Next, take the frozen butter and three on a grater, a thin layer on the laid cheese. All this is repeated with the remaining cakes.
Step 5: Bake the Saburani Pie.After you have prepared the cakes, on the last, that is, the top cake, put the filling (cheese and butter) and wrap the edges of the first (lower) cake up and gently press. We place our semi-finished saburani in a baking dish and put in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the crust forms.
Step 6: Serve the Saburani.After our cheese Saburani cake is baked, we take it out of the oven and serve it. Enjoy your meal!
- - Saburani cheeses must be selected with a high percentage of fat content. For example, Emmental, Parmesan, Beaufort, Conte and others.
- - Saburani can, and in some cases, need to be prepared in advance before the guests arrive, and at the right time, bake it in the oven and serve hot. In this case, the finished cakes with the filling spread on food cellophane, wrap it and put in the refrigerator.