Ingredients for making pumpkin
- pumpkin 1 pc. (200 gr. pumpkin needed)
- millet 200 gr. (pre-rinse millet in cold water)
- sugar 2 tbsp. l
- milk 200 ml.
- butter 30 gr.
- 1 chicken egg
- breadcrumbs 1 pack
- salt to taste (small)
- vegetable oil 2 tbsp. l (for greasing the baking dish)
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 5 servings
Inventory:pan - 1 pc. (for cooking), a knife - 1 pc., a tablespoon - 1 pc., a bowl - 1 pc., a baking dish - 1 pc. (or baking sheet), grater - 1 pc. (or food processor)
Step 1: Peel the pumpkin.Take a pumpkin, wash it under cold water. Cut in half with a sharp knife. Scrape the whole core of the pumpkin, carefully peel the flesh from the peel, seeds and pumpkin threads. Now take a 200 g slice of pumpkin. Cut it as small as possible, and even better - grate this piece on a fine grater. Put grated (or chopped) pumpkin in a bowl. Hide the remaining pumpkin in the refrigerator.
Step 2: Cooking pumpkin and millet porridge.Pour milk into the pan, put on the stove, turn on a small fire, and wait until it boils. Then, not removing from the heat, add chopped pumpkin to milk, add millet groats and salt. Do not leave porridge unattended: stir it constantly. Cook millet and pumpkin porridge for 10-15 minutes.
Step 3: Step 3: Cooking the Pumpkin Dough.Cool pumpkin-millet mixture at room temperature. Then add sugar, butter, and a raw chicken egg to it. Mix it all thoroughly.
Step 4: Step 4: Bake pumpkin.Put the resulting dough on a baking dish, previously greased with vegetable oil. Sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs. Now send to the oven, heated to 180-200 degrees. Take out after 5 minutes. Enjoy your meal!
- - Another variant of pumpkin: instead of millet groats, take rice and cook in the same way according to our recipe.
- - Experiment with sugar: you can add more or less sugar to the dough, depending on your preference.
- - Pumpkin is tasty in and of itself, but it is often eaten with sour cream, honey or jam.