Ingredients for making Bechamel sauce
- Butter 100 grams
- Flour 1 tablespoon with top
- Concentrated broth 3-4 tablespoons
- Cream 20% fat 250 grams
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Spices to taste (pepper, nutmeg) to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 6 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Frying pan, Wooden spatula, Whisk
Preparation of Bechamel sauce:
Step 1: Cooking Ru"Ru" is the butter and flour base of the sauce, it is it that gives the sauce the necessary density. Melt butter over low heat. And now add flour there and mix everything very carefully with a wooden spatula. Keep in mind that it is not necessary to fry the flour, it is enough that it just disperses in oil. Naturally, there should not be any lumps there.
Step 2: add the broth.So, our butter flour went into bubbles, but has not yet changed color to brown. It's time to add the cold broth. And again we mix everything.
Step 3: add the cream.And now we’ll take a whisk and pour cream in a trickle of water. Of course, stirring. At the same stage, add salt and spices. Now bring the sauce to a boil. Feel it thickened almost immediately? So it's time to remove from the fire. Bechamel sauce is ready.
Step 4: save the sauce.You understand, just do not eat it, but add it to a variety of dishes. So, it is advisable to keep the sauce before using it. This is very convenient to do in any jar with a tight-fitting lid. Just do not forget to melt a piece of oil and pour the sauce on top without stirring. So it can be stored for several days. Enjoy your meal!
- - You can add bay leaf and finely chopped onions and other spices to the Bechamel sauce. Each time you will receive new shades of taste.
- - If you use thick village cream, then you can add more broth, and its concentration may be lower. And vice versa.
- - This sauce can be used in the preparation of lasagna, julienne, souffle. It is added to many dishes of European cuisine.
- - If you are going to serve this sauce with meat dishes, the broth should be meat. If to fish - fish.
- - You can add mushrooms to the Bechamel sauce.