Ingredients for the preparation of pomegranate hedgehog salad
- Chicken breast (or fillet) 300 gr.
- Champignons 200 gr.
- Chicken eggs 3 pcs.
- Leek 1 pc.
- 3 pickled cucumbers
- Prunes 5-6 pcs.
- Seedless pomegranate 1/2 pcs.
- Mayonnaise 150 gr.
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp. spoons
- Sea salt to taste to taste
- To decorate, you need some grapes to taste
- Main ingredients: Chicken, Pomegranate
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Sharp knife, Cutting board, Saucepan, Frying pan, Bowl, Coarse grater, Plates, Cutlery
Cooking pomegranate hedgehog salad:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.Chicken breast (you can use fillets) must be thawed, thoroughly washed and cleaned with a knife of films and fatty layers. Boil the meat over medium heat in a saucepan with a little salted water. After 20 minutes, transfer the breast to a plate and cool, after which it should be finely chopped into small squares with a sharp knife. In the remaining chicken broth, soak the washed prunes for about 15-20 minutes. Then finely chop it with a knife, removing the seeds. Try to cut the prunes very finely, as in the future this will play a significant role in the taste of the dish. Cut the washed and dried white part of the leek into small slices. Subsequently, lightly fry it in vegetable oil in a pan until a light golden color. When frying onions, it must be stirred occasionally so that it does not burn. Rinse the mushrooms in advance and cut into thin slices, which we add to the onion to fry. We cook the mushrooms until all the liquid has evaporated, and the mushrooms themselves have not noticeably decreased in volume. Slightly need to salt the contents of the pan. Then, with a sharp knife, grind the cucumbers into cubes and slightly squeeze them with your hands from excess juice. Boil chicken eggs in salted water for 7-10 minutes, so that the yolk hardens well. Then they need to be placed in cold water until they cool. Then remove the shell from them and grind them on a coarse grater.
Step 2: Put the salad in layers in the form of a hedgehog.
Step 3: Some important touches.At the previous stage, we made only the shape of the hedgehog, now it remains to add the last, but no less important touches. Sprinkle everything on top with pomegranate seeds, simulating the hedgehog spikes. Use prune slices for the eyes and nose of our hedgehog. You can decorate everything with green onion branches, cut into small strips. Also, using this element, you can simulate additional hedgehog needles and antennae.
Step 4: Serve the Pomegranate Hedgehog Salad.The dish is served to the table after cooking cold. Therefore, about 15 minutes before use, you need to put the salad in the refrigerator. It can be cut into portions with a sharp knife, but not split, but left in its original form. Also, the dish can be divided right at the table to enable your loved ones to appreciate and enjoy your culinary creativity and a special salad. On a hedgehog, you can lay a small twig of grapes with berries, which will give greater realism to the composition. Good appetite!
- - If the salad is laid out on a large dish lined with green lettuce, this will give the dish a special aesthetics, as the brightness of the design will catch all eyes.
- - If you are not sure that you can improvise by creating the shape of a hedgehog, you can make your work a little easier by cutting out the image of the animal from cardboard and wrapping it with foil. Next, the form is placed on the dish, and already on it the products in layers.
- - Feel free to use the dish in your diet, even if you are on a diet, as it does not have extra calories and many vitamins. A mayonnaise can be used light or replace it with low-fat sour cream.