Eggplant Lasagna Ingredients
- eggplant 500 gr.
- red wine 150 ml.
- olive oil 2 tbsp. l
- bow 1 pc. (onion)
- cottage cheese 450 gr.
- tomatoes 800 gr. (canned)
- Lasagna 6 pcs. (fresh leaves)
- cheese "Edam" 50 gr. (grated)
- Parmesan cheese 4 tsp (grated)
- basil 2 tbsp. l (fresh, chopped)
- garlic 4 cloves
- nutmeg, grated to taste
- salad leaf mixture 1 set
- salt to taste
- seasoning to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 5 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Inventory:ceramic mold (for baking in the oven, with a capacity of at least 2.5 liters), cutting board, bowl, pan
Cooking eggplant lasagna:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.First prepare the ingredients for cooking. Wash the eggplants under cold water, then place them on a cutting board and chop as finely as possible. Set eggplant in a separate bowl. Now take onions, cut into layers. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Rinse the fresh basil under cold water, remove the spoiled leaves, and cut the good basil leaves finely. If the purchased cheeses ("Edam" and "Parmesan") are in one piece, and not grated, rub them on a fine grater.
Step 2: Cook the lasagna.Put sheets of fresh lasagna in a pot of salted boiling water. Boil lasagna for about 3 minutes. Then pull out of the pan and immediately put the sheets in a large bowl with cold (preferably with ice) water. Cook in several passes: at the same time in a single pot, cook only two sheets of lasagna.
Step 3: Fry the vegetables.Pour olive oil into the pan, heat it over low heat. Then pour eggplant and onions into the pan, fry for 5 minutes. Now add the tomatoes, garlic and red wine. Sprinkle the mixture with seasonings to your liking. Wait until the contents of the pan reach a boil, while squeezing and stir the tomatoes with a spoon so that tomato juice stands out. Boil the sauce for another 15 minutes, stirring. Do not cover with a lid. Wait for the mixture to thicken.
Step 4: Put the lasagna into the mold.Add basil to the tomato sauce. Now transfer one third of the finished sauce from the pan to a ceramic low form, designed for baking in the oven. On top of this shaped sauce cover half the sheets of lasagna. Top half the remaining sauce from the pan. Then put half the cottage cheese on a layer of tomato mixture. Add seasonings: pepper and nutmeg. Cover the layer of cottage cheese with the remaining lasagna, then a layer of the remaining tomato sauce, and on top lay another layer from the last part of the cottage cheese. Add seasoning again: grated nutmeg and ground black pepper. The final touch before going to the oven: sprinkle the mixture with grated cheeses: “Edam” and “Parmesan”.
Step 5: Bake in the oven.Preheat the oven to a temperature of 200 degrees. Place the ceramic lasagna mold in the oven. Cook from half an hour to forty minutes. Wait until the brownish crust appears - the moment when the dish is "browned". Serve to the table, adding a mixture of fresh lettuce leaves to climb. Enjoy your meal!
- - Parmesan cheese goes well with Mozzarella cheese. They are great for making lasagna. However, you can use any of your favorite cheeses. It is important to keep the combination of soft cheese with a creamy taste and hard, spicy, with a sharp aroma.
- - Instead of fresh lasagna, you can take semi-finished lasagna. It is prepared using the same technology as described in the recipe.
- -Try cooking this dish using regular pasta instead of lasagna sheets. It will turn out something like a casserole, also very tasty.