Ingredients for Making Meatball Soup
- Minced meat 350 gr
- potatoes 120 g (recommended red potatoes of the previous season)
- onion 1 pc (one small onion, preferably red, as it will give an additional flavor)
- bay leaves 3 pcs (three small bay leaves for flavor)
- salt to taste
- black pepper peas to taste to taste
- carrots one small carrot optional
- bell pepper one sweet bell pepper to taste
- rice 1/3 cup
- sour cream to taste
- greens to taste
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Pork, Veal
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Knife, Cutting board, Saucepan, Bowl, Grater, Frying pan, Shovel, Measuring cup, Tablespoon
Cooking Meatball Soup:
Step 1: Prepare the potatoes.Dice the potatoes. The size of the cubes is optional, but we would recommend about a centimeter - this will allow you to quickly boil and the potatoes will not crumble during cooking. Once you are finished slicing potatoes, rinse them. To rinse the potatoes, simply dial a pot of cold water, dip the chopped potatoes there, stir for a minute and drain the water. That's it, the potatoes are ready!
Step 2: Prepare the carrots.Take the carrots, rinse it under a stream of cold water, scrape off the top layer with a knife, and it is ready for a grater! By the way, you can use any grater to your taste. Someone loves small, someone - straws. Everything is individual here. So, we rub the carrots.
Step 3: Prepare the onion.Peel the onion from the top layer, rinse, and chop. Desirable - as small as possible. For convenience, you can first cut the onion along. And only then, laying it on a cutting board, chop finely.
Step 4: Slicing the pepper.Sweet bell pepper (red or green - it doesn’t matter) we will wash, peel the seeds and cut into strips (strips) or cubes.
Step 5: Preparing for cooking.Bring to a boil in a saucepan one and a half liters of water for our meatball soup (about 7.5 glasses) and dip everything that is already ready: onions, carrots and peppers. Let's leave the potatoes.
Step 6: Cook the meatball soup.We cover the lid, turn off the gas and cook the soup at low boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Then dip the potatoes in a pot and bring to a boil.
Step 7: Making MeatballsMeatballs are meat balls that diversify our soup and make it more rich and tasty. Cooking them is easy. From the minced meat we prepared earlier, it is necessary to mold small balls. Size is up to you. Someone loves big, walnut-sized ones. Someone is smaller. This does not affect the taste. So, we roll the balls and slowly lower them into the pan with our future soup.
Step 8: CookSalt and pepper to taste. Then we reduce the heat a little and cook for 12-15 minutes with a slight boil. If you wish, you can supplement the meatball soup with a handful of rice or noodles. As soon as the cooking time is over, put the bay leaf in the pan, turn off the heat and let it brew for a couple of minutes. That's it, our meatball soup is ready!
Step 9: serve.Serve meatball soup with sour cream, mayonnaise and / or chopped herbs. For example, a mixture of chopped dill and parsley will be just a wonderful addition to freshly prepared meatball soup! Enjoy your meal!
- - Many housewives add an egg there when cooking minced meat. In this case, it is unnecessary and will give the broth turbidity, and meatballs - hardness. Therefore, we abandoned the egg.
- - You can pre-fry carrots, onions and bell peppers in vegetable oil. This will make them soft and even more delicious.
- - If you wish, you can replace the onion with tomatoes. This will bring a slightly different flavor and variety to the soup.
- - Previously, you can boil the meatballs in a separate saucepan before boiling and only then dip it into the soup - this will eliminate the foam.