Ginger Beer Ingredients
- Ginger root 60 grams (peeled 40 grams)
- Cane Sugar 350 grams
- Lemon 1 piece
- Granulated yeast 11 grams (1 packet)
- Distilled pure water 3 liters 750 milliliters
- Main IngredientsLemon, Sugar
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Stove, Deep pan with lid, Paper kitchen towels, Fine grater, Cutting board, Zest knife, Knife, Deep plate, Wooden kitchen spoon, Deep bowl, Stewpan, Tablespoon, Watering can, Plastic bottle with a lid - 2 pieces, Glass - 2 pieces, Sterile gauze, Ladle
Making ginger beer:
Step 1: prepare the water.
We turn on the stove to a strong level and put on it a deep pan with 3 liters of 500 milliliters of pure distilled water. When the liquid boils, cover with a lid so that the gap remains and reduce the temperature of the plate to the smallest level.
Step 2: prepare the ginger and lemon.
Along with boiling water, we are preparing other ingredients, and we start with ginger. We peel it with a knife and wash it together with lemon under cold running water from any kind of pollution. After drying them with paper kitchen towels, grate the ginger root on a shallow and transfer to a deep plate.
Using a special knife for citrus, remove the zest from the lemon. We try to do it carefully, cutting off only the upper yellow layer of the peel, as the white shell contains bitterness, it can make the drink very unpleasant in taste. Put the zest in a bowl of ginger. We cut the lemon pulp into 2 halves and set aside for a while, it will be needed later.
Step 3: insist on zest and ginger.
We bring the water in the pan to a boil again, turn off the stove, remove the lid from the pan, put the chopped ginger and zest in boiling water and pour 350 grams of granulated sugar there. Stir with a spoon until the sugar grains are completely dissolved and give the liquid the opportunity to cool to room temperature.
Step 4: prepare the yeast.
About after 20 - 25 minuteswhen the ginger water in the pan becomes not so hot, we proceed to prepare the yeast. We turn the stove on to the middle level and put on it a stewpan with 250 milliliters of pure distilled water. Warm up the liquid up to 25 degrees Celsius, so that it is barely warm, and pour into a deep bowl. Pour 11 grams of granulated yeast there and mix them with liquid with a tablespoon. After letting the yeast bloom over 12 - 15 minutes.
Step 5: bring the drink to full readiness.
After 12 - 15 minutes, pour the rising yeast into a pan with warm ginger water. There, with a clean hand, squeeze the juice from the lemon pulp. Re-mix everything with a wooden kitchen spoon, cover the pan with a lid and leave the beer to brew at room temperature for 12-24 hours. After the required time, set the watering can on 1 of the plastic 2 liter bottles. At its bottom we lay folded in 2 - 3 layers a piece of sterile gauze. With the help of a ladle, we filter through the resulting structure the drink that began to ferment, without adding it to the neck level by 5 centimeters.
Then we cork the beer bottle with a wooden cork or close it with a tight-fitting lid and tighten it with twine or gauze. In the same way we filter the remaining beer into a second 2 liter bottle. After we put the containers with the drink in a dark cool place. Across 2 days beer can be tasted.
Step 6: serve ginger beer.
Before serving, ginger beer is cooled in the refrigerator, poured into cold glasses and a couple of ice cubes are added to it. It tastes sweet and sour with a pronounced aroma of citrus and ginger. It is advisable to use ginger beer for 3 to 4 days, after which it loses its rich aroma and a large percentage of its taste. This perfect divine nectar will refresh on hot summer days and will cheer you up 100%. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- It is advisable to shake the beer container for 2 days, every 5 to 6 hours.
- Instead of dry granular yeast, you can use fresh pressed yeast.
- Instead of 1 lemon, you can use 2 limes, but the taste of the drink will be significantly different from the one in which the lemon juice and lemon zest are located, although it will have its own zest.
- Instead of sugar, you can use honey.
- To get a more crystalline drink, beer can be filtered 2–3 times through denser fabrics, for example, through a linen kitchen towel or linen napkin.
- It is better to use glass containers for beer fermentation, but if there are none in the house, you can use ordinary plastic bottles.
- Before starting to prepare ginger beer, thoroughly rinse and, if possible, sterilize the entire container, as well as the inventory with which the whole process will be carried out.
- At a temperature above 26 degrees Celsius, the yeast dies, so the beer should be infused in a cool, well-ventilated area. After 2 days, beer containers can be refrigerated.