Georgian Lobio Ingredients
- Red beans 400 grams
- Tomatoes (medium size) 4 pieces
- Onions (medium size) 2 onions
- Walnuts 100 grams
- Tomato paste 2 tablespoons
- ½ beam basil
- Cilantro ½ beam
- Hmelli Sunelli 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Cauldron, Tablespoon, Bowl, Casserole, Pusher, Meat grinder, Measuring cup
Georgian lobio cooking:
Step 1: Cooking the Beans.Take the cauldron, put the beans in it, fill it with clean drinking cold water, and cook over low heat for several hours, until cooked. When the beans are boiled, remove the pan from the heat and drain the water, but not all, 1 cup of this liquid will come in handy later. Onions, peel, then rinse under water and finely chop. Pour a little lean oil into the preheated pan, add the onion and pass it until tender, then pour it into the cauldron with beans.
Step 2: Cook the tomato paste.
Step 3: Add the nuts.You need to crush the nuts with your hands, and to make sure that they are sufficiently chopped, once again walk along them with a rolling pin, first laying it out on a flat surface. You can also use a meat grinder for this, but it will take more time. Pour chopped nuts into the same cauldron.
Step 4: Serve Lobio in Georgian.Add chopped cilantro, basil and a spoonful of dry hmelli sunelli. Salt to taste, and then put the cauldron on medium heat, about 20 minutes. Regularly stirring the lobio, bring the dish to full readiness. Ready to serve lobio in Georgian is desirable in the slightly cooled form. Lobio can be eaten with bread or with mamalyga. Good appetite!
- - Beans, before cooking, should be soaked, at least for the night, then it is much faster to cook.
- - The consistency of lobio should somewhat resemble a thick puree soup, and if suddenly, while cooking, boiled a lot of water, then you should add it. Otherwise, the next day, lobio will turn into a thick mess.
- - It is desirable to cook this dish in large quantities, because lobio on the second and third day becomes much tastier, unlike many dishes.
- - To save time, you can use store beans in a can that is already boiled