Ingredients for Making Lenten Jam Pie
- Cherry jam (syrup without berries) half a glass
- Sugar half a glass
- Canned Cherry 4 tablespoons
- Refined vegetable oil half a glass in the dough and 1 tablespoon for the mold
- Wheat flour 2 cups
- Water clean distilled half a glass
- Food baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Cherry, Flour
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Glass with a capacity of 250 milliliters, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Oven, Sieve with fine mesh, Whisk, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Baking brush, Non-stick baking dish with a diameter of up to 28 - 30 centimeters, Wooden skewer, Cutting board, Kitchen towel, Kitchen towel shovel, knife, large flat dish
Cooking lean pie with jam:
Step 1: prepare the dough.First of all, preheat the oven up to 180 degrees Celsius. Now, using a fine mesh sieve, sift the desired amount of wheat flour into a deep, dry bowl, add the food baking powder to it and mix the dry ingredients with a whisk until smooth. Then pour the right amount of cherry syrup without berries into a clean deep bowl, add granulated sugar to it and mix the ingredients with a tablespoon trying to make it so that the sugar grains almost completely melt. After that, we add vegetable oil, clean distilled water at room temperature in a bowl with syrup and re-mix the components of the dough until smooth. Now we begin to introduce mixed dry ingredients into the bowl, that is, flour and baking powder. Knead the dough of medium density and begin to carefully add canned cherries to it, make it so that the berries do not lose their shape. We put the bowl with the dough aside and let it insist a bit, that's enough 5 - 6 minutes.
Step 2: bake the cake.After the required time, take a round non-stick baking dish with a diameter 28 - 30 centimeters. Using a baking brush, lubricate it inside the entire perimeter. 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Pour into it a semi-finished flour, helping yourself with a tablespoon. We check whether the oven has warmed up to the desired temperature and only after that we send the form with the dough into it, setting the capacity on the middle rack. Bake the cake for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, check the readiness of the cake with a wooden skewer, insert its end into the flesh of the baking dish and take it out, if the skewer is wet, with adherent crumbs and flour lumps, then let the dessert come to full readiness in the oven 7 to 10 minutes. If the wooden stick is dry, remove the form from the oven, holding it with a kitchen towel, and put it on a cutting board. Let the cake cool to room temperature directly in the mold. Then we take a sharp, thin knife and draw it with a blade between the side of the mold and the cake in order to disconnect the slightly adhered cake from the container. After that, very carefully using a kitchen spatula, remove it from the mold, transfer it to a large flat dish and serve it on a sweet, lean table.
Step 3: serve the lean pie with jam.After baking, the lean pie with jam is cooled to room temperature, placed on a tray, a large flat dish or placed in a vase for cakes and served on a sweet lean table. If desired, before serving this magnificent dessert can be sprinkled with powdered sugar or pour sugar syrup based on cherry jam. The structure of the cake is slightly moist and porous, in contrast to the crust, which is thin, crispy and rosy. To taste, this culinary masterpiece is very similar to the famous lean mace, but with a pronounced flavor of cherry. Such magnificent and low-cost baking will appeal to all the sweet tooth, not only during the days of Lent, but also on any other day. Cook with love and fasting will be a joy! Enjoy your meal!
- - Instead of baking powder, you can use baking soda with table vinegar, putting out the first ingredient with the second directly in a bowl with the dough. For the above mass of ingredients, half a teaspoon of soda and 1 - 1.5 tablespoons of vinegar.
- - If desired, you can add 1 bag of vanilla sugar, 1 teaspoon of liquid vanilla extract or vanillin to the tip of the knife in the dough, but be very careful with the last version of this spice, pure vanilla in large quantities will make baking very bitter.
- - In addition to canned cherries, if desired, pre-soaked and chopped dried fruits, such as dried apricots, prunes, raisins, barberries, dates and many other berries and fruits, can be added to the dough.