Ingredients for Making Natural Sourdough for Bread
- Raisins 10-14 pieces
- Warm purified water 250 milliliters
- Rye flour 150 grams
- Main ingredients: Raisin, Flour
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Gauze napkin, Gauze cloth, Jar 1.5-2 liter - 2 pieces, Tablespoon, Bowl
Preparation of natural sourdough for bread:
Step 1: prepare the jar.Before we prepare a natural sourdough for bread, prepare the container. To do this, take a jar and with a kitchen sponge for washing dishes using baking soda, wash the container well. Then thoroughly rinse the jar several times under warm running water. After this, it is necessary to rinse the container with boiling water from the kettle. Attention: Be extremely careful during this procedure so as not to burn your hands and other parts of the body.
Step 2: prepare the raisins.
Step 3: prepare the flour.Sift the flour through a sieve into a free bowl to remove lumps from it and to enrich it with oxygen from the air. Thus, bread from such a sourdough will be airy, tender and very tasty, without flour lumps in the dough itself.
Step 4: prepare a natural sourdough for bread.Pour jar with raisins warm (up to 35 ° -37 ° C) water and cover the container with a gauze napkin. Attention: water should not be at a temperature of more than 40 ° C, otherwise our leaven simply will not work. We set the bank for three days to infuse at room temperature. But, if you decide to prepare such a bread blank in the cold season, then it is best to leave the jar to infuse in a warm place. After three days, we filter the liquid with raisins through a gauze cloth into a clean jar, and discard the raisins. Add flour to the same container and mix everything well with a tablespoon. Make sure that no lumps form in the flour. We cover the jar with a gauze napkin and put it in a warm place, protected from drafts. In about 46-48 hours sourdough will bubble up and increase in volume approximately 2-3 times. If you feel an unpleasant odor, do not worry that the leaven has deteriorated. In fact, this is its normal smell and the bread preparation can already be used for its intended purpose.
Step 5: serve the natural sourdough for bread.In order to make bread from 500 grams of flouryou just have to use 150 grams sourdough. To do this, transfer the required amount of sourdough into a bowl and add 75 grams of flour and 75 grams of warm water. Across 2-3 hours the amount of sourdough should double again. The air temperature should be within 24 ° -26 ° C. From this sourdough we take the necessary 150 grams, knead the dough and bake bread. Attention: the remaining sourdough is again covered with a gauze napkin and left in a warm place until the next bread preparation. Good appetite!
- - It is better to store natural sourdough for bread at room temperature, while not tightly covering the neck of the jar with a gauze napkin.
- - Ready sourdough must be fed every two days. To do this, it is enough to add 75 grams of flour and 75 grams of water to it and mix everything well with improvised equipment.
- - In the warm season, yeast can be stored in the refrigerator on the lower shelves. But before making bread, it is necessary to take the starter from the refrigerator in 1 hour and leave it to cool to room temperature.
- - For the preparation of natural sourdough for bread, you can use any sort of raisins to your taste.