Ingredients for Making Lamb Saddles
- Lamb meat 1 kilogram
- Fresh rosemary 2-3 sprigs
- Medium-sized garlic 2-3 cloves
- Canned anchovies 1-2 pieces
- Olive oil 50 milliliters
- White Wine Vinegar 85 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Black peppercorns to taste
- Ginger Root Fresh Medium 1/4 Part
- Dry red wine 100 milliliters
- Fat mutton melted 200 grams
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 5 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Cutting board, Knife, Twine, Needle, Deep pan or heat-resistant deep pan, Oven, Bowl, Kitchen stove, Tablespoon, Coarse grater, Hand mortar and pestle, Wooden spatula, Serving dish, Scissors, Kitchen paper towels, Plate - 2 pieces
Cooking lamb saddles:
Step 1: prepare the lamb meat.
Step 2: prepare the anchovies.
Step 3: prepare the rosemary.We wash the rosemary under running water and wipe the ingredient dry with a paper towel. This spice will give our dish an unusual aroma. Attention: but if you haven’t added this fresh spice to dishes before, then you should add literally 1 sprig and feel the aroma first. If you like this smell, then add all the remaining branches without a doubt, since rosemary is ideal for such a dish as a lamb saddle. And rosemary itself has a coniferous, camphor aroma and slightly island flavor. Set aside some fresh spices, and chop 1-2 branches finely on a cutting board with a knife. Shredded ingredient is transferred to a free plate.
Step 4: prepare black pepper with peas.
Step 5: prepare the lamb saddle.Pour a small amount of olive oil into a saucepan or deep pan and add lamb melted fat. In the same capacity we add half of finely chopped anchovies and a couple of sprigs of rosemary. We put the pan over medium heat and, constantly stirring everything with a wooden spatula, fry the ingredients a little, to subsequently give the dish a sharpness. Then add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, pour red wine into the container and again mix everything well with a spatula. And only after that, put the lamb in the pan and pour it with a tablespoon of hot mixture several times with a tablespoon. We put a container with meat in the oven and bake it at a temperature 180 ° -200 ° C for 45 minutes. Attention: always from time to time we take out a baking sheet with a lamb saddle from the oven and water it using a spoon, a spicy mixture and the allocated meat juice. Thus, the meat will turn out juicier and more tender.
Step 6: prepare the garlic.
Step 7: Prepare Ginger
Step 8: preparing a gas station.So, add finely chopped rosemary and anchovies to the bowl with garlic and ginger and mix everything well with a tablespoon until smooth. After that, pour wine vinegar into the dressing and again mix everything well with improvised equipment.
Step 9: feed the lamb saddle.After the allotted time for cooking the lamb, we take out the dish from the oven and transfer it to the dish for serving. Using a pair of scissors, we remove the thread and abundantly water the baked lamb saddle with a fragrant dressing and spicy mixture, which remained in the pan. Immediately after this, the dish can be served at the table, offering guests as a side dish fried or baked potatoes, as well as any porridge or pasta. Good appetite!
- - Attention: if after 45 minutes of baking the meat is still harsh, and this can be checked by gently piercing the ingredient with the tip of a knife or fork, then we extend the cooking time, remembering to pour lamb mixture and juice in a saucepan from time to time. Also, the willingness of meat can be determined by its color. Inside, the main component should not be bright red and after the incision, scarlet liquid should not leak out of it.
- - In addition to rosemary, you can add other spices for meat to your taste.
- - In order to prepare a dressing for a lamb saddle, you can use a blender. To do this, put all the components of the dressing in the bowl of the device and mix until smooth at medium speed for 30 seconds - 1 minute.