Ingredients for cooking boiled chickpeas
- Chickpeas (lamb peas or beans) 1 cup
- Distilled pure water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Colander, Deep pan with lid, Glass, Tablespoon, Baking sheet, Parchment paper, Plastic bag with zipper, Freezer, Deep plate
Cooking boiled chickpeas:
Step 1: prepare chickpeas.First, chickpeas need to be soaked, it is soaked for two reasons so that it becomes soft and so that it cooks faster. Sort out chickpeas by removing spoiled and damaged beans. Then put it in a colander, rinse thoroughly under running water, discard into a deep saucepan and pour clean distilled water on 1 cup chickpeas 4 cups water. Soak chickpeas for 12 hours, it is better to do this from evening to night, in order to cook fresh tasty beans in the morning.
Step 2: cook the chickpeas.
Step 3: store the boiled chickpeas.In addition, you can boil chickpeas for the future, in order to use it in the future and not repeat the soaking process. Place the boiled beans in one layer on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes. With the passage of time, remove the pan from the freezer and transfer the solid chickpeas into sealed plastic bags with zippers, and then immediately put the bags back into the freezer. Frozen chickpeas can be stored in the freezer for 1 year Immediately before use, take out a bag of beans and throw the prepared, but still frozen chickpeas into boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. After use as directed.
Step 4: serve the boiled chickpeas.Boiled chickpeas are served hot, laid in a deep plate, as a side dish for meat dishes, for example, meatballs, chop, meat sauce. Before serving, it is seasoned with any kind of vegetable or milk fat. Also boiled chickpeas are used to prepare other delicious dishes of soups, stews, vegetable salads. Delicious and healthy food is the key to health! Enjoy and be healthy! Enjoy your meal!
- - If you want chickpeas to soften faster, soak it in boiling water for 1 hour.
- - Sometimes peas are soaked for 2 to 3 days until the beans sprout, such chickpeas are enriched with a large amount of protein, have great nutritional value and are more useful for the human body. During this soaking, water is changed every 4 to 5 hours.
- - When buying chickpeas, make sure that you are buying fresh, not obsolete legumes. The older the chickpeas, the longer it is steeped and cooked. Also, such chickpeas can lose their shape and become friable during cooking.