Ingredients for cooking white cabbage soup or monastery cabbage soup
- Sauerkraut 500 grams
- Carrot 1 piece
- Celery root 100 grams
- Potato 4-5 pieces
- Dried porcini mushrooms 100 grams or to taste
- Onion 1 piece
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Garlic 3-4 prongs
- Laurel leaf 3-4 pieces
- Black pepper peas 4-6 pieces
- Allspice Pepper 4-6 pieces
- Vegetable oil 8 tablespoons
- Distilled pure water 4-4, 5 liters
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Potato, Mushrooms
- Serving 10 Servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Colander, Kettle, Stove, Saucepan for 4 liters, Skimmer, Deep bowl - 3 pieces, Cutting board, Knife, Deep pan with non-stick bottom and lid (approximate capacity 4 liters), Tablespoon, Plate - 5 pieces, Frying pan, Kitchen spatula , Ladle, deep plate
Preparation of white cabbage soup or cabbage soup in a monastic way:
Step 1: prepare the mushrooms.Put dry mushrooms in a colander and rinse them thoroughly under running cold water. Boil a full kettle of clean distilled water. Take a large pan of 4 liters, put the mushrooms in it and pour boiling water so that the hot water completely covers them. Soak mushrooms during nights or 12 hours so that they become softer and all harmful substances come out of them.
Step 2: cook the mushrooms.The next day, discard the mushrooms in a colander, drain all the liquid, this water should not be used to make soup, since after soaking the mushrooms it contains harmful toxins such as cesium, strontium, cadmium, mercury and lead. Rinse the mushrooms again under running water, put back into the pan, fill with half of the total amount of pure distilled water and put them on a cooker, which is switched on to a medium level. Cook mushrooms for 30 minutes, then remove them from the brew with a slotted spoon and transfer to a deep bowl. Let the mushrooms cool. Then lay them on a cutting board and cut into medium pieces of arbitrary diameter and approximate thickness up to 2 centimeters. Do not drain the broth from the mushrooms, you will still need it, just put the pan off the stove. At the same time as slicing the mushrooms, peel the garlic and cut it into a small cube with an approximate diameter of up to 5 millimeters.
Step 3: stew the cabbage.
Step 4: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Step 5: preparing a gas station.
Step 6: bring the cabbage soup to full readiness.
Step 7: serve white cabbage soup or cabbage soup in a monastic way.White cabbage soup or cabbage soup in a monastery is considered the first hot dish and served in a deep plate or deep bowl. Immediately before serving, the soup is sprinkled with finely chopped, fresh greens of dill, parsley and green onions. In addition to this dish, you can use sour cream or cream. Savor this yummy with freshly baked homemade bread, fragrant garlic rolls or a white loaf. Enjoy it! Enjoy your meal!
- - Slicing vegetables in this recipe is not important, you can cut them as you like best, but remember that the cooking time varies depending on the ingredients.
- - The spices indicated in the recipe can be supplemented with any others that are suitable for the first hot dishes of vegetables.
- - Together with celery root, you can add parsley root and finely chopped dill to the soup.
- - Children under 12-14 years old are not recommended to eat mushrooms as their body is not able to digest the chitinous shell of mushrooms!