Shrimp and Squid Salad Ingredients
- King prawns frozen 1 kilogram
- Squid rings frozen 1 kilogram
- Capers of medium size 25-30 pieces
- Green or black olives of medium size 25-30 pieces
- Medium size marinated artichokes 15 pieces
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Large lemon 1 piece
- Olive oil for salad dressing
- Main ingredients: Shrimp, Squid
- Serving 10 Servings
Inventory:Salad bowl, Kitchen stove, Cutting board, Knife, Tablespoon, Two large pots, Juicer, Colander, Refrigerator, Small plate - 2 pieces, Two deep bowls, Kitchen paper towels, Food wrap
Cooking shrimp and squid salad:
Step 1: prepare the shrimp.We put a pot of plain water on a big fire. When the water begins to boil, add approximately 1-1.5 tablespoons salt. Mix well and make medium heat. Usually in supermarkets and specialty stores we are offered frozen boiled shrimp. Therefore, all we need to do is pour them into boiling water and wait just a few minutes. So, put the frozen marine ingredient in a container and wait for the water to boil again. After boiling, cook the shrimp literally 3-5 minutes and then - turn off the burner and set the component aside yet for 3-5 minutes. After that, we drain the water through a colander and leave our shrimps in such a condition that they cool to room temperature and it is convenient to work with them. After that, on a cutting board with a knife, we clean one of the main ingredients from the head, shell and tail. The processed shrimp are transferred to a deep bowl.
Step 2: prepare the squid rings.
Step 3: prepare the greens.
Step 4: prepare artichokes.For this salad, pickled or canned artichokes are best suited. They will add spice and unforgettable taste to the dish. Therefore, we spread the ingredient on a cutting board and chop it into small pieces with a knife. Shredded artichokes are transferred to a free plate and go to the next stage of cooking.
Step 5: prepare the lemon juice.
Step 6: prepare a salad with shrimp and squid.Add finely chopped parsley, pieces of artichokes and olives to the seafood bowl. We also pour olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice into the container. Pepper and salt to taste, and after - mix everything well with a tablespoon until smooth. And now our dish must be infused in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Therefore, we rewind the bowl with the ingredients with cling film so that the salad does not absorb other food odors and put it in the refrigerator on 2 - 3 regiment.
Step 7: serve shrimp and squid salad.After the allotted time, we take out the salad with shrimp and squid from the refrigerator and, removing the cling film, pour the dish into the salad bowl. Immediately after this, a delicious and fragrant “sea miracle” can be served. Also, this juicy and mouth-watering salad can be a worthy decoration of the festive table. Good appetite!
- - If after the feast you still have a little of this salad (which is unlikely!), Transfer it from the salad bowl to another container, for example, a container for food, tightly close the lid and put in the refrigerator. In this condition, the dish can still remain fresh and stored in the refrigerator for 2 more days.
- - If you purchased frozen raw shrimp, then you must first thaw them to room temperature, without using either boiling water or a microwave. After - thoroughly rinse them in cold salted water and only then cook in salt water after boiling for 5 minutes until they turn orange.
- - If you did not find the squid rings, do not be discouraged. A worthy substitute for them will be ordinary fresh squids. Only for this they must be properly cooked so that they do not turn out tough and tasteless. To begin with, remove the film from the ingredient and then wash it well under running water. And then - after boiling salted water, lower the squids literally for 1-2 minutes. Immediately after this time, we get the seafood with a slotted spoon, otherwise it will become like rubber. For the number of ingredients indicated in the recipe, you need about 3-4 pieces of medium-sized squid carcasses.
- - To make seafood more fragrant, in addition to salt, you can add a couple of bay leaves, dried garden dill and other seasonings to your taste in boiling water.