Berlin donut ingredients
- Butter or margarine -100 grams to taste
- Wheat flour 500 grams
- Dry yeast -1 sachet to taste
- Sugar 30 grams
- Vanilla Sugar 1 sachet
- Bitter Almond Flavor 3 drops
- Salt 1 - teaspoon
- Raw eggs 2 pieces
- Yolk 1 piece
- Milk slightly warm 125 milliliters
- Fried fat to taste
- Jam or fruit puree 300 grams
- Sugar to taste
- Main Ingredients Yeast Dough
- Serving 4 servings
- World cuisineGerman cuisine
Inventory:Mixer, Saucepan, Towel, Spoon, Bowl
Cooking Berlin donuts:
Step 1: prepare the dough.Stir the dry yeast in warm milk. Sift the flour. It should be at room temperature. In the center of the bowl with flour, it is better to make a depression. There and pour the diluted yeast. There is no need to interfere, let them stand. In the meantime, we will melt our butter or margarine, where you left off, and let it cool. Everything, you can cook the dough. Add sugar, vanilla sugar, flavoring, salt, eggs, yolk, milk and butter or margarine to the bowl with flour. And now we take up the mixer. To begin with, his speed should not be very large, and then higher and higher, up to the maximum. As a result, the dough should become completely homogeneous. Knead? Set it aside on a floured surface - and let it fit. It does not take much time, about twenty minutes.
Step 2: prepare the basis for the donuts.Now we need to roll the dough into a flat layer. Its thickness should be approximately 1 centimeter. We will cut out circles from this test. Their diameter should ideally be approximately 8 centimeters. So, choose for yourself which one of the available mugs is best for you to do.
Step 3: start the donuts.On the circle you need to put the filling that you have chosen, cover with the second circle and carefully pinch the edges. Are you done? Set them aside on a floured surface and let them fit. Not very long, about fifteen minutes.
Step 4: fry the donuts.At this point, we should already have melted the fat or frying oil in the pan. How much? Let the donuts float in the oil without touching the walls. The oil temperature should be at least 180 degrees. And now, batch by batch, we will lower the approached donuts into the oil and fry them on both sides until golden brown. Of course, once they have to turn over. When the donuts are ready, transfer them to a paper towel so that it absorbs excess fat. And finally, roll them in sugar.
Step 5: serve to the table.Berlin donut in Germany - a traditional dish on New Year's holidays and at carnivals. But we will not specifically wait for the occasion. Give homework a surprise on a typical day. And it will become a holiday. Enjoy your meal!
- - If you really turned out to be in Berlin for the new year, be careful. Your donut may be stuffed with mustard or onions. The Germans have such a joke ...
- - Traditionally, donuts were stuffed with custard. But now it is customary to use a variety of fillings: from freshly mashed raspberries with sugar to liver.
- - To prevent the filling from leaking out, it is recommended to add a couple of spoons of rum or another strong alcoholic drink to it.
- - If they seem too fat to you, donuts can also be baked in the oven.