Ingredients for making salt dough
- Wheat flour 400 grams
- Extra salt 200 grams
- Water 150 grams
- Main ingredients
- Serving 10 Servings
Cutting board, Kitchen table, Deep bowl, Tablespoon, Knife, Cling film or plastic bag, Toothpicks, Kitchen paper towels, Oven, Baking sheet, Baking paper, Paint brushes, Drawing paints, Transparent adhesive for decoupage on wood, cardboard , metal, plastic and raw ceramics, Varnish, acrylic, art or building
Preparation of salt dough sculpting:
Step 1: prepare the dough.In order for us to make beautiful figures from salt dough, first of all, you need to make a quality product without sparing the components and your strengths. Therefore, to begin with, pour salt and flour into a deep bowl. Attention: the last ingredient is not necessary to take the highest grade, the main thing is that it be a good proven brand, so that it contains as little lumps as possible. After - pour ordinary water into the container. Knead the dough with your hands or a tablespoon. When the mass begins to acquire uniformity, transfer it to the prepared kitchen table, powdered with flour. Keep kneading the dough until it stops sticking to your hands. Take this process very carefully. Just as if you were preparing the dough for homemade baking - if the dough continues to stick to your hands, add a little flour, and if it crumbles, add a small amount of water. After this, we wrap the test product in a plastic wrap or plastic bag, since such a dough wears very quickly and loses its beautiful-looking appearance. We leave in this state the main component to infuse for 10-20 minutesbefore sculpting any of it.
Step 2: prepare a molding of salt dough.
Step 3: serve the salted dough.With such beautiful figures you can decorate the holiday table or just give it to the children for joy. the main thingso that they do not gnaw them, since the material for the manufacture of products, although from edible products, but the figures are processed is not from the inventory that is useful for children. Therefore, children under three years old are not recommended to play with such crafts. Have a nice holiday table!
- - To make the dough more pleasant to work with, you can add various spices to it, for example, cinnamon or vanilla, as well as cumin, paprika or curry.
- - In order for you to get the dough without lumps, you can sift the flour through a sieve. This way you can save a few minutes of your time.
- - To give the dough a specific color, you can dye the water itself and knead the dough.
- - When we sculpt the figures together with the children, it is best to cover the product with glue and varnish without the kids so that they do not smell chemistry. And so, for the preparation of dough and for coloring crafts, a couple of small, but very crazy pens will not hurt us.
- - You can store the dough in the refrigerator, but not more than 2-3 days. Only in this case we pack it in a plastic bag or cling film so that the dough is not weathered and saturated with extraneous odors of other food.