Ingredients for making manna with walnuts
- Walnuts peeled 175 grams
- Butter 320 grams
- Sugar 350 grams
- Semolina 400 grams
- Vanilla Sugar 15-20 grams
- Baking powder for dough 2 teaspoons
- Kefir 300 milliliters
- Main ingredients Nuts, Semolina
- Serving 5 servings
Inventory:Cutting board, Knife, Frying pan, Oven, Kitchen stove, Wooden spatula, Teaspoon, Small pan or stewpan, Deep bowl, Baking tray, Mixer or whisk, Table spoon, Kitchen cloth potholders, Serving dish
Cooking manna with walnuts:
Step 1: prepare the nuts.To begin with, we need to process the nuts so that our mannik is fragrant with this component. To do this, chop the nuts coarsely with a knife on the cutting board and immediately after that put them in the pan. We put the pan on medium heat and, with constant stirring, fry the nut component until it starts to smell and crack. After - turn off the burner and set the walnuts aside so that they cool and become room temperature. Attention: in the process of frying, in no case do not add vegetable or any other oil, as this can ruin the taste of the dish in the future.
Step 2: prepare the butter.
Step 3: prepare the manna with walnuts.While our butter is cooling, put semolina, baking powder for dough and vanilla sugar in a deep bowl. With a tablespoon, mix everything well. After that, pour kefir into the container and pour sugar. Using a hand whisk or the same spoon, mix all the ingredients until we get a homogeneous mass. Then pour the melted chilled butter into the mixture and add the fried walnuts. Once again, mix everything well with improvised inventory and leave for 15 minutes infuse semolina dough and swell. Meanwhile, generously grease the baking sheet with the remaining piece of butter, not forgetting the walls of the baking dish. Before putting semolina dough on a baking sheet, beat it with a mixer or a hand whisk. 2-3 minutes. Attention: when we spread the dough on a baking sheet, do not forget to even out the bumps on the surface of the future dish with an ordinary tablespoon. And bake mannik with walnuts in the oven at a temperature 175 ° C during 30-40 minutes.
Step 4: serve the manna with walnuts.
- - If you did not find yogurt at hand, then it can be replaced with yogurt, or yogurt.
- - A very tasty manna is obtained if it is poured with orange syrup. And for this it is not necessary to buy it, but you can also cook it at home, like a pie. To do this, you will need sugar to taste, 250 milliliters of freshly squeezed juice and zest with two oranges. Just mix 150 grams of sugar with a little water (2 tablespoons) and caramelize the ingredients over medium heat in a small frying pan. Then - pour the orange juice into the caramel and boil the ingredients until a homogeneous mass becomes similar to liquid honey in consistency. After that, turn off the hotplate and add the orange zest to the syrup. Having mixed everything well with a wooden spatula, pour mannik with walnuts with syrup just before serving. True, the orange syrup is quite sweet.
- - To make the pie, use only semolina of the highest quality and trusted brands. After all, it is up to you to get a dish or not only on this component.
- - Since this dish crumbles after baking, it is better to use a cold long knife with a wide blade.
- - In addition to walnuts, dried fruit, for example, raisins, chopped dried apricots or prunes, as well as any fruits, can be added to the manna. By taste, grapes, strawberries, peaches and figs are perfectly combined.