Ingredients for making Giant Conce
- Pumpkin Puree 125 grams
- Butter 150 grams
- Soda half a teaspoon
- Brynza 50 grams
- Feta cheese 50 grams
- Brie cheese 50 grams
- Chicken egg -1 to taste
- Sifted wheat flour 100 grams
- Corn flour 150 grams
- Baking powder 2 teaspoons
- Dried prunes 5-6 fruits
- Salt to taste
- Cinnamon half a teaspoon
- Ground allspice at the tip of a knife or to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Stove, Kettle, Deep plate, Knife, Cutting board, Oven, Kitchen table, Refrigerator, Nonstick pan, Baking paper, Match, Kitchen spatula, Kitchen towel, Large dish
Cooking "Giant Conce":
Step 1: prepare the dough.Today we will prepare the famous and delicious cake scons. Basically, cones are prepared in small pieces, but you and I will create a miracle of culinary with the name “Giant Skons”. Place strained pumpkin puree in a deep bowl, add raw chicken egg, thawed but still cold butter and mix the ingredients with a tablespoon until coarse crumbs form. Then, in a separate deep bowl, mix the right amount of sifted wheat flour, corn flour, baking powder, to taste salt, allspice, cinnamon and baking soda. Be sure to add baking soda to this type of cake, it will react with the acid, which is part of the baking powder, and the degree of loosening of cones will increase 1 - 1.5 times the cake will be lush and during baking it will bake perfectly both inside and outside. Put on a stove, turned on a strong level, a kettle with ordinary running water and bring it to a boil. Rinse the prunes under running water, remove the seeds, place on a cutting board, cut into 4 - 6 pieces of arbitrary shape and put the prunes in a deep plate. Pour boiled water over pieces of dried fruit so that it is steamed and softened for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 2: form the scons.Preheat the oven to 190 - 200 degrees. Into a bowl with a liquid mixture of cheese, add the dry mixture of flour in parts, continuously mixing the ingredients with a clean hand. Drain the water from prunes and add it to the total mass. Knead the dough gently, without straining, it should not be tight and hard. Knead mass until all flour is kneaded. Then put the dough on the kitchen table, sprinkled with wheat, sifted flour and form a large cake with an approximate diameter 20 centimeters and thick up to 4 - 5 centimeters. Put the tortilla on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and place on 1.5 - 2 hours in the fridge.
Step 3: bake the scons.After the dough has settled and the oil has frozen slightly, the sconce can be baked. Frozen dough cake will gradually melt in the oven, which will allow the cons to bake well and rise. Place the baking paper on a large non-stick baking sheet and very gently move the giant skons onto its surface. On the surface of the cake, make small cuts with a knife. As if roughly dividing the pie into pieces. You can make as many cuts as you want portions, it can be 6 or 8 cuts. In a preheated oven, place a pan with a con and bake it for 35 - 40 minutes until ready. The consistency of the ready-made cones should be soft, the dough is dry without liquid baked pieces. You can check the readiness of the consa with a match, pierce the pulp of the cake with it, if there is batter left on its surface, then you will have to wait a little longer and bring the scone to full readiness. If only dry crumbs remain on the surface of the match, then it is time to take the scones out of the oven. Of course, the wonderful breathtaking aroma of cheese pie will soar through the kitchen, but take your time, eat it, put this giant on a large dish with a kitchen spatula. Hot dough is bad for the stomach, let the persa cool to room temperature and after that you can taste it.
Step 4: serve the Giant Skons.Giant Skons is served warm or cold, placed on a large flat dish or sliced in portions and laid on small plates. The Giant Skons can rightfully be considered a variant of cheese pie or home-made cheese bread. This dish is very impressive for hot soups, meat and goes well with freshly brewed sweet tea. The Giant Skons tastes salty with a spicy hue and a pronounced aroma of spices, this pie can be replaced with ordinary everyday bread. Tasty, not expensive and very healthy. Enjoy your meal!
- - In no case do not melt the butter, pull it out, refrigerate them 1 - 1.5 before cooking the condensa and let it melt.
- - Pumpkin puree is very easy to make. Wash the pumpkin, cut into 2 parts. Remove the seeds from the peeva, peel the knife from the peel and cut into small pieces. Boil the pumpkin in salted and sugared water until fully cooked for 30 to 40 minutes, until soft. Then grind it on a blender or using any other device. Put cheesecloth on a fine sieve, on top of cheesecloth mashed pumpkin and let the excess liquid drain, it will take about 1.5 - 2 hours. But it’s better to make pumpkin puree ahead of time, for example, 12 hours before making a consa. After all the liquid from the mashed glass, squeeze it out, but do not zealously, and transfer it to a plate. Mashed potatoes are ready.
- - Brie cheese can be added at the end of the dough so that it does not warm to a homogeneous consistency and beautiful cheese pieces are baked on the surface of the cons.
- - The choice of cheese in this dish is not fundamental, you can cook a sconce with 2 or 4 types of your favorite cheeses. Also, for the preparation of this type of consa, you can use only cottage cheese or feta cheese.
- - If you took a very salty feta cheese, you should squeeze it out or add less salt to the dough.
- - Instead of butter, you can put olive oil or vegetable refined oil on the above amount of ingredients 80 - 100 milliliters.
- - The surface of this type of con can be sprinkled with fried sesame seeds or ground fried walnuts, these ingredients will make a significant addition to the fan of aromas of this dish.