Roman pork ingredients
- Pork (pulp) 500 grams.
- Tomatoes 3 pieces.
- Champignon mushrooms (fresh) 250 grams.
- Cream (20% fat) 200 ml.
- Tomato paste 1 tablespoon.
- Thyme seasoning 1 teaspoon.
- Oregano seasoning 1 teaspoon.
- Ham 200 grams.
- Hard cheese 100 grams.
- Salt to taste.
- Vegetable oil for frying (olive or sunflower) 2 tablespoons.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Greens to taste.
- Main ingredients: Pork, Tomato, Cheese
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Inventory:Frying pan, Blanching pan, Thickened-bottom pan or cauldron for stewing, Wooden or metal spatula for turning, Kitchen stove, Oven, Baking tray, Cheese bowl, Chopped ham and tomato bowl, Grater, Blender, Paper towel, Soup plates
Roman pork cooking:
Step 1: fry the meat.Rinse the pork under running cold water. If there are films or veins, they need to be cut, fat is not necessary to cut. Dry the meat on a paper or waffle towel. Mix 0.5 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper or any other seasoning for meat. Cut dried pork into large pieces and grate with a mixture of salt and seasoning. Let stand 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the pan with vegetable oil. As soon as the oil begins to “shoot” put the pieces of pork in one layer in it and quickly fry until browned on both sides. Transfer the finished meat to a pan with a thickened bottom.
Step 2: chop the ham and mushrooms.Half of the ham we have is cut into blocks and laid on top of the pork. Rinse the mushrooms under running cold water. If there is damage or decay - cut. Put the mushrooms on a paper towel to get rid of moisture. Cut dried mushrooms into slices and put on ham.
Step 3: Blanch the tomatoes.
Step 4: prepare the sauce.Mix the sauce in a blender or with a whisk for whipping. Mix the cream, ketchup, salt on the tip of the knife, thyme, oregano. Instead of oregano and thyme, you can use any seasoning for meat, about 0.5 teaspoon. Before pouring meat into the sauce, cut into cubes and spread the remaining ham on top of the tomatoes. Pour all over carefully mixed sauce.
Step 5: stew pork in Roman.Tightly cover the pan with all the ingredients and place in a preheated pan. 180-200 degrees the oven. It will be stewed all about hours. Meanwhile, grate hard cheese on a coarse grater. Across hour we get the pork from the oven, we add the grated cheese there. Reduce the temperature to 140-150 degrees and stew more about half an hour. We take out the meat again and mix lightly. We put the meat in the turned off oven, so that it “reaches” another 20-30 minutes.
Step 6: serve pork in Roman style.Roman pork served in soup plates. An ideal side dish would be ordinary sliced potatoes, poured with pork sauce. Garnish with chopped greens on top. Serve with chilled red wine. Enjoy your meal!
- - that when frying the meat turned out with a crispy crust, you need to fry it without a lid, in well-heated oil and the meat should be dried as much as possible.
- - when blanching tomatoes, they are placed immediately after boiling water in cold water to stop the heat treatment process.
- - so that the meat is stewed evenly, you need to choose dishes made of cast iron, ceramics or clay. These materials are evenly heated and give off heat for a long time.
- - according to this recipe, you can safely cook at your leisure and veal in Roman, and lamb and even turkey poultry. With any meat, this dish turns out to be incredibly appetizing and tasty.
- - You can also 5 minutes before the whole dish is ready, add 200 grams of green peas to the pan. You can also, before you are going to put the pan in the oven, chop peeled carrots into small sticks. As a result, the dish will turn out with a ready-made side dish.