Ingredients for Carrot Dough
- Carrots of average size 5-6 pieces.
- Butter 70 grams.
- Raw yeast 20 grams.
- Premium wheat flour 500 grams.
- Sugar 0.5 cups.
- Chicken egg 1 piece.
- Milk 1.5% fat or drinking water 1 cup.
- Main Ingredients Carrot, Milk, Yeast Dough
- Serving 4-6
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Peeler or potato peeler, Sharp knife, Wooden or plastic chopping board, Saucepan, Sieve, Grater, Baking tray, Oven, Cooker, Dough mixing spoon, Flour bowl, Frying pan, Dough bowl, Serving dish
Cooking carrot dough:
Step 1: prepare the carrots.My medium-sized carrots are about a clean peeler or a potato peeler. If there are “eyes” and spoiled places on root crops, they must be cut with a sharp knife. We prepare the prepared carrots in a pan, fill with water. Water should cover carrots on 1-2 cm. We put on the fire and cook. Water does not need to be salted. When the carrots are almost ready, we determine the readiness with a knife - the carrot should be soft, remove it from the water and rub on a coarse grater. The grated carrots are transferred to the pan and lightly passaged in butter. We remove the pan from the heat and let the carrots cool.
Step 2: select the yeast and prepare the dough for the dough.Remember that the key to successful baking is yeast. Experienced culinary experts advise using classic pressed yeast. They must be stored in the refrigerator. After all, yeast is a living microorganism that raises the dough. And if you do not follow the recommendations for storing the product, they can "die" and become useless. Dry yeast, on the contrary, can be stored for a long time in your home, subject to the minimum storage requirements. In fact, these are the same pressed yeast, only dried. Dry yeast is interchangeable with pressed yeast and vice versa, so now the choice is yours to choose. Personally, I took fresh pressed ones. When you have decided on the yeast, we start preparing the dough. To do this, breed fresh yeast in one piece warm milk, add half the flour, a little sugar. Leave the dough in a warm place so that it increases in size 2-3 times. If the dough did not increase, then your yeast was clearly spoiled.
Step 3: prepare the dough.When the carrots have cooled, add yeast to it and sift the flour. Flour must be sifted with a sieve over a large basin. Then the dough will be saturated with oxygen, and the baking will turn out soft and airy. Mix. Then pour sugar and salt, mix. Break the egg, pour in milk or water. Knead the dough and leave it in a warm place so that it comes up and rises.
Step 4: bake the dough.When the dough rises from it, you can cook a lot of different goodies. For example, a cheesecake with cottage cheese or jam. Berry pie or fruit baskets. You can add raisins to the dough and bake excellent buns. It all depends on your imagination and desire. We put the baking sheet with the cut dough into the oven preheated to 220 degrees and bake until cooked, about 20-30 minutes. We take out the finished product from the oven and grease it with an egg whipped with 1 tablespoon Sahara.
Step 5: serve a dish of carrot dough.Serve warm carrot dough. For pastries, you can serve jam or jam, brew fragrant tea and enjoy the taste of a sweet life. Enjoy your meal!
- - for the dough to rise well, all products must be the same, room temperature. Eggs, milk and other products that you store in the refrigerator should be removed from the cold 30 minutes before kneading the dough.
- - the dough rises very well if the dishes with it are placed in a basin with hot water, but not with boiling water.
- - the smell of very fresh, not dried yeast should not be confused with anything in the world. They smell a little “pungent” and very “bready”. When there is a slight sweetness in the smell, or just the yeast smells bad, then it is better not to take such yeast.
- - if you want to replace fresh yeast with dry yeast, then all the proportions on how to do this are written on the back of the package of any dry yeast and may differ. Therefore, always follow the recommendations of the producers.