Ingredients for Rice with Raisins and Nuts
- Rice "Basmati" (or other long-grain white rice) 1 cup (200 grams)
- Raisins 50 grams
- Almonds 50 grams
- Dried apricots - 50 grams to taste
- Cumin 1 teaspoon
- 1 carrot
- Butter ghee 2 tbsp. spoons
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Salt pinch
- Ground black pepper to your liking
- Water 2 cups
- Asafoetida (Indian spice) 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients Nuts, Rice
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Kitchen stove, Wooden spatula, Bowl or pan, Cutlery, Kitchen cloth, Grater, Serving dish (or portioned dishes)
Cooking rice with raisins and nuts:
Step 1: Prepare the rice for further cooking.Rice "Basmati" or other is sorted out from the garbage, rinse under running cold water, soak in a bowl with water about 10 minutesand then we drain all the liquid, and then the rice itself is dried on a kitchen towel.
Step 2: Prepare raisins, almonds, dried apricots and carrots.We wash all ingredients under running water and dry. Peel the carrots and rub on a medium-sized grater. Cut the almonds into small pieces, cut into small pieces of dried apricots.
Step 3: Fry the rice ingredients.We heat a cauldron or a pot with a thick bottom on the stove, add 2 tablespoons ghee or butter and melt it, but do not bring to a boil. Add cumin, asafoetida and optionally ground black pepper. We spread grated carrots, dried apricots and nuts in a cauldron, mix well. Put raisins and fry everything for about a minute.
Step 4: Add FigureAfter that, we fill the rice and fry it until golden brown. Add turmeric to a separate bowl and mix well (until turmeric dissolves). Pour rice with water and spices. Cover the cauldron tightly with a lid and cook until tender.
Step 5: Serve rice with raisins and nuts.We lay out the rice in portions and serve on the table in hot or chilled form. In addition, it can be poured with liquid honey or condensed milk, which will especially please ardent sweet tooth or kids. Good appetite!
- - After the rice has been added to the water, do not mix it. When the water in the rice boils, reduce the heat.
- - If you want the rice to be friable during cooking, after it absorbs all the water, remove it from the heat and wrap it in a warm blanket and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- - Instead of turmeric, you can add saffron to the rice, it is put together with other spices until the rice is placed.
- - To make it easier to wash the rice, you can use a fine sieve or colander for these purposes.