Ingredients for Tomato Plum Ketchup
- Ripe tomatoes 2 kilograms;
- Plums 0.5 kilograms;
- Onions 250 grams;
- Sugar 200 grams;
- Salt 1 tablespoon;
- Ground red pepper 1 teaspoon;
- Vinegar 9% 100 milliliters;
- Cloves to taste.
- Main Ingredients Tomato, Plum
- Serving 10 Servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Knife ;, Enamelled pan ;, Meat grinder (or blender) ;, Strainer ;, Cooker ;, Wooden spatula ;, Sterilized jars ;, Sterilized lids ;, Lid tightening device.
Cooking tomato plum ketchup:
Step 1: We process tomatoes.Wash the tomatoes thoroughly under running water, then lower them into a bowl of boiling water (for 1 minute), make a neat cross-shaped incision from above and remove the peel. Cut the tomatoes in half.
Step 2: We process the plum.
Step 3: Process the onions.Peel the onions from the husks, wash them, cut them in half (or quarters - depending on the size of the onion) and pass through meat grinder (or blender).
Step 4: Cook the ingredients.We put the ingredients (tomato, onion, plums, granulated sugar, salt, red pepper) in an enameled pan, put on a slow fire and cook for 1.5 hours, periodically stirring the mixture with a wooden spatula.
Step 5: Wipe the ingredients through a sieve.The resulting mixture must be wiped through a sieve, add pepper, sugar, cloves, salt and cook for another 15 minutes.
Step 6: Add VinegarAt the very end of cooking pour in the vinegar.
Step 7: Pour the ketchup into sterilized jars.In pre-sterilized (over the spout of the kettle, over a double boiler or in the oven) jars (preferably 500 milliliters, or less), lay out our ketchup and close lids using a special device.
Step 8: Serve the tomato-plum ketchup.The composition of this dish is quite simple: tomato flavor with a sweet taste of plums, but very pleasant! Other spices can be added to this simple recipe, which is why the taste of tomato-plum ketchup will acquire new colors that you love. With such ketchup, it will be appropriate to eat a piece of meat, chicken or fish. Enjoy your meal!
- - You can not wipe the mixture through a sieve in order to more clearly feel the pieces of plums in the sauce;
- - You can add a few cloves of garlic to the tomato-plum ketchup, then the dish will become more spicy and acquire a characteristic, mouth-watering aroma;
- - When buying ketchup in a store, give preference to glass jars (as the composition of the product is clearly visible in them). Do not buy too bright or dark ketchup, this indicates a high content of dyes.