Ingredients for the preparation of rolls "A la hot dog"
- Waffles (for cake) 1 pack
- Potato 1 kg.
- Cheese (hard) 150-250 grams
- Fresh greens (parsley) 1 bunch
- Butter 60 grams
- Milk (any fat content) 0.5 cups
- Table salt to your liking
- Ground black pepper to your liking
- Sausages 6-8 pieces (depending on size)
- Main ingredients: Sausage and sausages, Potato, Cheese
- Portion 6-8
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Saucepan, Cooker, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Grater, Skimmer, Mashed potato, Cutlery, Kitchen towel, Refrigerator, Serving dish
Cooking rolls "A la hot dog":
Step 1: Prepare the potatoes and mash.First we need to boil the potatoes. To do this, rinse it thoroughly under cold running water, and then peel it with a knife or a special vegetable peeler. Then put the prepared potatoes in a saucepan, suitable in size, pour it to the top with water so that it completely covers the tubers. Add a little salt and cook on medium heat. When the water begins to boil, remove the foam that has formed with a slotted spoon. Then turn down the heat a little and cook for about 20-30 minutes until fully cooked. The potato should be soft as a result, but not fall apart. Its readiness can be checked with a fork or knife: you need to pierce the potatoes in the thickest place, and if the tip of the knife or fork passes easily, then the potato is ready. Remove the pan from the heat, drain the liquid and start cooking mashed potatoes. Add butter and begin to crush potatoes, periodically add milk. The potato mass should end up with a homogeneous consistency, lush and without lumps. If you wish, you can add a little black pepper to the mashed potatoes to spice up its taste.
Step 2: Add mashed shredded cheese and chopped greens.
Step 3: Form the rolls.Take one waffle cake and lay it on a clean kitchen towel. Thus, it will be much easier for you to roll wafer rolls. Then, in a uniform, not too thick layer, apply mashed potatoes to the waffle cake, spread it with a tablespoon. Do the same with the remaining cakes in the same way until you finish the mashed potatoes. It’s enough on 4 cake. After that, lay on one edge of the wafer cake the sausages previously boiled in a pan with salted water for 3-4 minutes. Leave it all, literally for 2-3 minutesso that the cake has time to soften a little from the hot puree and bends more easily. Now, from the side where the sausages are stacked, begin to roll the cake into roll. Place the finished rolls on a plate, edges down so that they do not disperse and place in the refrigerator until the snack is served to the table. But keep in mind that the dish should be cooled not less than 15-20 minutes.
Step 4: Serve a la hot dog rolls.Before serving the dish to the table, take the rolls out of the refrigerator, cut into portions, convenient for you, and place them on a serving dish, which you can decorate with fresh lettuce leaves beforehand. Serving such an appetizer is best with ketchup, sour cream or mayonnaise in a separate bowl. Good appetite!
- - Such rolls can be made not only with sausages, they are very tasty also with pieces of salted fish or boiled meat. Moreover, pork, beef, chicken or even veal are perfect for this.
- - If at the moment when you started to roll the rolls, the waffle cake does not fold well, then you need to leave it under a layer of hot mashed potatoes for a short while. The cake should soften well and then it will easily form as you need it.
- - To enrich the taste in mashed potatoes, you can add a few cloves of crushed garlic. In this case, the finished rolls will be aromatic and even more delicious.