Ingredients for cooking stews
Ingredients for making Tushpara:
- Sour cream 20-25% fat 200 grams
- Butter 100-120 grams
- Purified water 500 milliliters
- Lamb pulp 700 grams
- Fat tail fat (back of the ram) 250 grams
- Onions medium size 3 pieces
- Salt 1.5 teaspoons
- Ground black pepper 0.5 teaspoon
For the test:
- 2 eggs
- Premium wheat flour 600 grams
- Purified water 100-150 milliliters
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients: Lamb, Flour
- Serving 7 servings
- World CuisineKazakh cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Measuring cup, Sieve, Colander, Large pan, Kitchen stove, Refrigerator, Meat grinder, Deep bowl, Kitchen table, Cloth towel, Rolling pin, Small pan, Deep plate
Step 1: prepare the minced meat.First of all, we wash the lamb pulp well under running warm water. Immediately after washing the fat tail fat. In principle, lamb may not necessarily be added to this dish. Pork fat is also great. In general, fat tail fat is fat deposits in the back of the ram’s trunk in the tail region. It differs from ordinary fat and has a specific flavor. In the process of preparation, it quickly hardens and, if it is added to dishes such as manti or pilaf, lard gives a rich taste to dumplings and makes rice more crumbly. On a cutting board, cut the meat ingredients with a knife into small pieces and immediately transfer them to a deep bowl. Following the meat, we peel the onion from the husk, rinse under running water and also cut into small pieces, so that later it is convenient to work with it. Now you need to grind the components into minced meat. To do this, take a meat grinder and first chop the lamb, then lard, and in the end - onion. We do all this over a bowl. After - add salt and pepper. Mix well with a tablespoon until a homogeneous mass is formed. In the meantime, we will prepare the dough, place the bowl with minced meat in the refrigerator on the lower shelves.
Step 2: prepare the dough.In order for the dough to breathe and be saturated with oxygen, sift the flour through a sieve directly onto the prepared kitchen table, or into a deep bowl, or onto a cutting board. In truth, it’s more convenient for me to work with the dough on the kitchen table. And there - at your discretion! So, we make a hand indentation at the top of the flour hill. We drive in two eggs, sprinkle with salt and pour water with a measuring cup. Hands begin to knead the dough until, by consistency, it becomes elastic and stops sticking to the hands. We all use flour from different brands. Therefore, it differs from each other in quality, even if it is written on the package that it is the highest grade. Carefully observe how the dough behaves. If it is a little liquid, then add a tablespoon of a little flour and continue to knead the dough. The flour component should turn out elastic and at the same time elastic and gentle to the touch. Once the dough is ready, cover it with a cloth towel and leave to rest for 30-40 minutes.
Step 3: we make dumplings in Kazakh - Tushpara.Our dish components are ready! Now there remains the most laborious and important moment - to make dumplings. If you have a lot of dough, you can divide it with a knife into several parts. So, again several times with our hands we knead the dough on a table powder-coated with flour and use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a thin layer thick approximately 1.5-2 mm. Cut the test pancake into small squares long no more than 5 centimeters. In the meantime, we get our minced meat from the refrigerator. Using a teaspoon, spread the filling on the squares. Attention: do not overdo it with minced meat! Since during the formation of Tushpara already, excess meat will interfere with the sculpting process - it will be inconvenient to fix the edges of the test squares, and the dough itself may break in the middle. Now, one by one, we begin to sculpt dumplings in Kazakh. We spread the test layer with the filling on the palm of your hand and, first of all, with your fingers we connect the two opposite corners of the square so that a triangle is obtained. After - with your fingers we begin to fix the edges of the dough to the left corner of the triangle, and then to the right. With the fingertips we press the edges of the dough so that the dumplings do not open later during the cooking process. You can also make a dumpling ear. To do this, connect the two ends of the triangle with your fingers. Tushpara is ready!
Step 3: serve Tushpar.Pour purified water into a large pot and put on a large fire. So that Tushpara does not stick together during the cooking process, add a pinch of salt to the water and mix everything with a tablespoon. But be careful with salt, because we added it already in dumplings. Therefore, "better than a salting on the table than a salting on the head," as popular wisdom says. When the water boils, make a medium heat and carefully spread the dumplings with your hand. Stir them with a tablespoon several times. As the water boils again cook the dish for 5-7 minutes. When all the dumplings float to the surface of the water, turn off the burner and drain the water through a colander into the wash basin. We spread Tushpara in a deep plate and pour melted butter. In order for the oil to become liquid while dumplings are being cooked, put it in a small pan and put it on a small fire. Constantly stirring the ingredient with a spoon, bring it to a liquid state. After - turn off the fire and wait for the dumplings to cook. Well, serving such a dish is very tasty with sour cream. You can also not pour water in which dumplings were cooked. Indeed, in the process of making Tushpara, water turned into a saturated aromatic liquid. And it can be used as a broth. Then, before serving, fill the dumplings in Kazakh with this broth and add a few tablespoons of melted butter. Good appetite!
- - Tushpara also turns out to be very tasty if it is fried in a pan with the addition of a small amount of vegetable oil.
- - So that during the modeling process the edges of the dumplings do not open, you can moisten them with water and press them well with your fingers.
- - Instead of lamb, you can add pork and beef pulp to Tushpara. But, it will not be Tushpara. But with lard, you can experiment.
- - The real dumplings in Kazakh Tushpara are obtained when the ingredients into the filling are crushed not with a meat grinder, but with a knife on a cutting board. Therefore, if there is a desire and time, you can very finely chop the meat with a knife into the stuffing. Finely chop the onion into small squares. But lard can still be passed through a meat grinder.
- - When choosing lamb, pay attention to the color of fat and the appearance of the meat. If the fat has a yellowish tint, and the meat is loose in structure, most likely they want to offer you old meat. And in the process of preparation, such a product will emit an unpleasant aroma, which will subsequently spoil Tushpara.
- - If you cooked a lot of Tushpara dumplings and only cooked it, then they can be put on a cutting board or a flat dish, powdered with flour and, covered with cling film, put in storage in the freezer of the refrigerator.