Ingredients for cooking Kuban meat with prunes
- Meat fillet (beef, pork, lamb) 1 kg
- Onion 3 pcs.
- 1 carrot
- Prunes (seedless) 350-400 g
- Tomato 1 pc.
- Ground coriander 0.5 tsp. spoons
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground red pepper to taste
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Nutmeg to taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying to taste
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Prunes
- Serving 3 servings
- World cuisine
Inventory:Cookware, Frying Pan, Stove, Cauldron or Stewpan
Cooking Kuban meat with prunes:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients for cooking.To begin with, we’ll take care of prunes. Many do not like it for its specific taste, but in this dish it is simply necessary. First you need to rinse the prunes, then fill it with boiling water and leave it to soak for 10-15 minutes. (Do not drain the water after soaking!) At this time, we cut the onion into half rings, chop the garlic finely, and cut the carrots into thin rings or half rings, as you like. We cut the tomato in the same way as carrots.
Step 2: Process the meat.
Step 3: Cook the vegetables and start stewing the meat.In the same oil, fry the onions first until transparent, garlic and carrots, then add the chopped tomato. Fry for a while until the tomato gives juice, add a little water, simmer for 5 minutes. We transfer vegetables to the cauldron for meat, add coriander and nutmeg, pepper, salt. We spread the prunes, mix well, put on fire. Fry for 10 minutes, then add water, in which prunes were soaked, and simmer for an hour. We make sure that the liquid does not boil away and, as the broth evaporates, add it and a small amount of vegetable oil to prevent the burning of meat. Before turning off the stove, be sure to check if the meat is ready. If it is soft and saturated with the taste of prunes, then you can start cooking a side dish.
Step 4: Serve Kuban meat with prunes.Ready meat is very satisfying and has a rich taste, so you can serve just chopped vegetables or a side dish not very bright in taste - rice, pasta or boiled potatoes. Enjoy your meal!
- - Instead of tomato, you can use tomato paste. If you use ketchup, then it is better to choose the one that says "Extra grade". This ketchup contains a large number of tomatoes and is considered the best.
- - If you do not like prunes, but want to cook this dish, you can use another dried fruit: for example, dried apricots.
- - finished meat can be decorated with greens: a sprig of dill, parsley or cilantro.