Pumpkin Ketchup Ingredients
- Pumpkin 125 grams;
- Sugar 2 tablespoons;
- Salt 1 dessert spoon;
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons;
- Cherry Vinegar 5 tablespoons;
- Boiled water 3 cups.
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Knife ;, Cutting board ;, Casserole ;, Cooker ;, Mixer (blender) ;, Plate.
Cooking pumpkin ketchup:
Step 1: Prepare the pumpkin.Carefully wash the ripe, orange pumpkin, first we cut into 2 different parts (similar to a watermelon), then into small cubes (about 5x3 cm in size), clean them of seeds, peel and "fibrous" entrails with a knife.
Step 2: Put the pumpkin to boil.Peeled pieces of pumpkin are placed in a pan, pour water and put on medium heat. We cook the vegetable until the water boils completely and the pumpkin becomes soft (about 1-1.5 hours, depending on the type of pumpkin).
Step 3: Add the remaining ingredients to the pumpkin.In the resulting pumpkin mass we add: cherry vinegar, sugar, a few dessert spoons of water (if the mass turned out to be dry) and vegetable oil. Leave on low heat for a few minutes. Turn off the fire.
Step 4: Grind the ingredients.We shift the ingredients into a blender (or turn on the mixer and mash in a pan) and stir until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Ketchup ready.
Step 5: Serve the pumpkin ketchup.When serving pumpkin ketchup, lay it on a plate with an arbitrary pattern (for example, stripes), and it will become a table decoration. Children will also eat porridge seasoned with pumpkin ketchup with great pleasure! Enjoy your meal!
- - The seeds remaining after the pumpkin can be washed and dried in the oven, or roasted in a pan. They have a pleasant taste and are rich in protein;
- - In pumpkin ketchup, you can add more sugar (and not add salt), then you get a delicious pumpkin jam;
- - You can prepare such a ketchup for the future by spreading it in sterilized jars, closing it with nylon covers and putting it in the refrigerator (in this case, it is recommended to eat the dish for a week). And you can "roll up" banks with ketchup for the winter.
- - Pumpkin is useful for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, cardiovascular system. It contains a lot of useful trace elements and vitamins of groups B, E, C, D, PP, as well as an extremely rare vitamin T, which affects the metabolism in the human body.