Ingredients for making homemade grated potato dumplings
- Potato 1 kg.
- Eggs 3 pcs.
- Premium wheat flour 400 gr.
- Onion 5 pcs.
- Salo 200 gr.
- Salt and black pepper to taste to taste
- Main Ingredients Potato
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Casserole, Frying pan, Knife, Cutting board, Large grater, Bowl
Making homemade grated potato dumplings:
Step 1: Cook the potato mass.For the preparation of dumplings, any potato is suitable, even a little bit bitter in taste. Such potatoes often come in the fall. It is not very pleasant to use fried or boiled. But it can be processed into dumplings. Moreover, it will turn out incredibly tasty. First, thoroughly rinse the potatoes. We collect water in a pan and put all the potatoes into it, put on fire. Potatoes need to be cooked no more than 15 minutes from the moment of boiling. Thus, it must be brought to a semi-readiness. It should already soften, but not boil. In such readiness, we turn off the potatoes, drain the water and cool it. Then we peel the peel. Next, the potatoes need to be grated on a coarse grater.
Step 2: Knead the dough for the dumplings.
Step 3: Cooking Dumplings.Gently add raw dumplings to boiling salted water. You need to cook them for about 5 minutes. The readiness of the dish can be checked as follows: when all the dumplings pop up to the top, this indicates that they are ready.
Step 4: Serve home-made grated potato dumplings.Lard should be cut into large slices and fry until golden in a hot pan. Pre-peeled onions need to be cut into large rings and fry together with cracklings also until golden brown. Next, ready-made dumplings are added to the pan. Everything is thoroughly mixed and brought to readiness under the lid (10 minutes). Do not forget to salt and pepper the dish to taste. You can serve it to the table! Enjoy your meal!
- - Dumplings from grated potatoes can be consumed with grated cheese, cream, tomato sauce. Refueling to dumplings can be any, it all depends on the individuality of your taste and imagination.
- - If desired, the potatoes to get the potato mass can be passed through a meat grinder, or ceiling as in the preparation of mashed potatoes.
- - Greaves can be replaced with vegetable or olive oil if desired. If you want to make the dish more satisfying, you can add pieces of ham or any pre-cooked meat with cracklings.