Ingredients for Making Side Bean Garnish
- Haricot siliculose (frozen) 1 kg.
- Sour cream 20% 200 grams.
- Vegetable oil (sunflower or olive) 2-3 tablespoons.
- Salt to taste.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Main ingredients: Beans, Sour cream
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep pan, Deep pan, Wooden overturning shovel, Drushlag, Stove, Serving dish
Making a side dish of string beans:
Step 1: take a package of beans.Everyone has situations such that time is short, and urgently needs a side dish either with fish, or meat, or cutlets, etc. In this case, you will find it very useful to pack frozen green beans in the refrigerator. So, we get the package of beans from the freezer and open it. We take a deep pan, pour water into it, salt a little and put on a big fire. When the water boils, make the fire moderate and pour the beans into the water. To defrost beans faster, cover the pan with a lid, but leave a small opening for steam to escape. Across 10 minutes remove the pan from the gas and drain the water from the pan, and discard the beans into a colander.
Step 2: Stew the green beans.We put a deep pan on a big fire, pour a little sunflower oil in it and when the oil in the pan warms up - pour the beans into the pan. Stew beans over medium heat 5 minutes constantly stirring it with a wooden spatula.
Step 3: add the sour cream.After that, add sour cream to the beans, add salt, pepper and simmer a little even under the closed lid. 5-10 minutes and don’t forget to constantly stir the beans.
Step 4: Serve the side bean garnish.When the beans are finally ready - we transfer it from the pan to a serving dish. Everything, the side dish is ready. You can use such a side dish as a completely independent dish on any holiday table. Enjoy your meal!
- - if there is no sour cream on hand, then you can safely use mayonnaise of any fat content instead, but mayonnaise is added only after the beans are stewed for about 20 minutes and become soft. For mayonnaise, we recommend adding a little very finely chopped garlic or squeezed through the garlic to the beans.
- - when the string beans are stewed, steamed, fried, then you can also add a little butter to it. So it will become even tastier.
- - You can supplement the side dish with a chicken egg. When stewing beans in a pan, you can drive 1-2 chicken eggs there. Such if, when frying beans, drive a couple of eggs there and mix everything well. Such a side dish is now also a hot dish.