Ingredients for making puff pancake pie with cabbage
- wheat flour 2 cups
- milk 5 cups (for pancakes - 1 cup, for stewing cabbage - 2 cups, for pouring -2 cups)
- 8 eggs (in pancake dough - 2 pieces, in fill - 3 pieces, in filling - 3 boiled)
- sour cream 250 ml
- butter 150 g
- vegetable oil (for baking pancakes) 2 tablespoons
- white cabbage 1 kg
- table salt, large to taste
- cold drinking water 1 cup
- ground black pepper to taste
- dried dill to taste
- sugar 2 teaspoons
- Main ingredients: Cabbage, Flour
- Serving 3 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Ladle, Frying pan, Mixer, Measuring cup, Spoon, Mixing bowl, Baking tray or baking dish
Cooking puff pancake pie with cabbage:
Step 1: We make pancakes.First, separate the whites of two eggs from the yolks. Mash yolks with sugar, and beat well-cooled whites in a strong foam using a mixer, while adding a teaspoon of salt. Next, add the milk and water to the yolks. Pour the wheat flour gradually, mixing thoroughly so that there are no lumps. In the end, you should get a gentle, uniform and fairly liquid mixture. Continuing to mix well, gently introduce the proteins. In a preheated pan, pour a little vegetable oil, then dough, fry the pancakes on both sides. They should turn out plump, but very tender.
Step 2: Prepare the filling.First chop the cabbage, chop the eggs with medium cubes. Then move it into a heated pan and fill it with milk. Simmer it over medium heat for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bring to a state of softness. Next, add the butter and chopped eggs to the ready-made cabbage. After putting out a little, you can add dried dill, salt and pepper to the filling to taste. Do not forget to mix everything well.
Step 3: Lay the layers of the pie.Lubricate the baking dish with butter and put pancakes on it, then the filling, so several layers. Press the layers a little with your hands. Cover the last layer with a pancake.
Step 4: Prepare the fill.Beat eggs thoroughly and well, then add milk and sour cream. Stir everything and whip the already blended ingredients again. Add salt and pepper to your taste, as well as a little dried dill.
Step 5: Bake a puff pancake pie with cabbage.Pour the cabbage pancakes in such a way that the filling covers the pie on all edges and covers the topmost pancake. Then preheat the oven well, move the cake pan into it and bake it for about 25 minutes at a temperature of 180-200 * С. When you see that the cake has risen well and browned, it means that it is ready. Carefully remove it from the oven, let it cool properly, and turn the mold over. Delicious and tender pie is ready! Cut it into pieces and enjoy this piquant taste for your pleasure! Good appetite!
- - If you wish, you can add cheese, rice or meat to the filling. Choose the ingredients for the filling to your taste.
- - Dough for making pancakes, you can make according to your traditional recipe.
- - Gently pry the edges of the hot pancake cake off with the tip of a knife to make it easier to take it out of shape.