Red Bean Garnish Ingredients
- Red beans 300 grams.
- Butter 1 tablespoon.
- Hot ketchup 2 tablespoons.
- Garlic 1 clove.
- Onion 1 piece.
- Bulgarian pepper 1 piece.
- Carrot 1 piece.
- Sour cream 3 tablespoons.
- Parsley greens 0.5 bunch.
- Dill greens 0.5 bunch.
- Salt to taste.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Main Ingredients
- Portion 3-4
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl, Chopping board, Deep pan, Knife, Grater, Colander or strainer, Stove, Serving bowl
Cooking a side dish of red beans:
Step 1: Choose Beans.Before buying beans, you must make sure that it is without any flaws. Beans should be completely smooth and uniform bright red. It should also be firm to the touch and not peel off. It should be stored in a dark, dry place, preferably in a container. If stored properly, it can be preserved for a whole year.
Step 2: soak the beans.
Step 3: stew the beans with vegetables.After our red bean is ready, it should be thrown onto a sieve and drained. We put a large pan on a strong fire and pour a little water there. Then the beans should be stewed along with the butter somewhere 5-10 minutes in a saucepan and add ketchup there. Then, on a grater or using a garlic mill, squeeze the garlic into a saucepan, cut onions and bell pepper into cubes on a board with a sharp knife. Add onion and pepper to the pot with beans. Next, on a coarse grater, three carrots and add it immediately to the pan. Now the whole contents of the pan are a little salt and pepper. We stir all contents with a spoon and simmer still 15 minutes.
Step 4: serve the red bean side dish.A fully prepared side dish of beans can now be put in a serving salad bowl, season with sour cream and top, as a decoration, you can sprinkle with finely chopped parsley / dill, or just put a sprig of parsley. Enjoy your meal!
- - if you don’t have time to soak the red beans, and the side dish is urgently needed, then you can replace it with ordinary canned beans, which are immediately poured into a pan with water and then add onions, vegetables and spices to it.
- - in the process of soaking the beans will increase several times in size, so always take a deep bowl and pour water much more than the level of the sprinkled beans in the bowl.
- - This side dish can also be served as a separate dish. It can be eaten in a post and served by vegetarians.