Ingredients for making ribs in sweet and sour sauce
Ingredients for making ribs in sweet and sour sauce:
- 1 kg pork ribs
- Sugar 1 table. a spoon
- Vegetable oil 3 table. spoons
For marinade sauce:
- Canned pineapples 1 can
- Honey 1 table. a spoon
- Oil (sunflower / olive / sesame) 1 table. a spoon
- Onion 1pc.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Lemon 0.5 Pcs.
- Soy sauce 1 table. a spoon
- Mustard 2 table. spoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground red pepper to taste
- Apple cider vinegar 1 table. a spoon
- Main Ingredients: Pork, Pineapple
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Deep Dish, Stove, Frying Pan
Preparation of ribs in sweet and sour sauce:
Step 1: Prepare the Marinade Sauce.We mix the ingredients for the sauce in a dish convenient for you in the following order: a tablespoon of honey is ground to a homogeneous mass with the oil that you have chosen. Add chopped onions and finely chopped garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard and all remaining spices. Mix and add the pineapple juice from the jar to the resulting mass, and the pineapples themselves, but not all, but just a couple of rings, cut into cubes and also add to the sauce.
Step 2: marinate the ribs.First, the ribs must be washed and dried. Then cut into batch pieces of 1-2 seeds. We lay the ribs in the already prepared marinade and leave for 3-4 hours. If you want to marinate them longer, then this will only be a plus for the future dish. You can cook the marinade in the evening and leave the ribs in it for the whole night, and cook for lunch the next day.
Step 3: Fry the ribs in the sauce.We take a deep frying pan, heat vegetable oil on it and pour out sugar. When the sugar melts and the mixture turns golden, add the already pickled ribs. To start, fry them on both sides, do not forget to mix then, so that they are saturated with crystallized sugar. After that, add a little of our marinade sauce with onion caught in advance, reduce the heat and simmer the ribs until they absorb the sauce. If the sauce has already been absorbed, but the ribs are not ready yet, add more sauce without sparing!
Step 4: Serve the ribs in a sweet and sour sauce.We serve the prepared ribs to the table hot, you can decorate them with parsley, a sprig of basil or chopped green onions, as well as the remaining pineapple rings. As a side dish, boiled rice is good, which favorably shades the aromatic and juicy taste of sweet and sour sauce and well-baked pork ribs. Enjoy your meal!
- - Ribs can be used not only pork, but mutton and veal will do. Both the dorsal part of the carcass - the loin, and the brisket, and just meat pieces on the bone will do.
- - This recipe can be redone, and if, after pickling the ribs in the sauce, fry them on the grill or barbecue, you will get a very tasty kebab.
- - Instead of pineapples, you can use dried apricots, prunes or oranges.