Ingredients for Cooking Catfish with Paprika and Thyme
- Catfish fillet (frozen) 4 pcs.
- Paprika 2 table. spoons
- Dried thyme 1 teaspoon. a spoon
- Salt 1 table. a spoon
- Ground black pepper 0.5 teaspoon. spoons
- Corn flour 2 table. spoons
- Vegetable oil for lubrication
- Main ingredients
- Portion 2-4
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Tea spoon, Dining spoon, Deep plate, Stove, Oven, Baking tray, Flat serving dish, Culinary spatula
Cooking catfish with paprika and thyme:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.A few words about fish, as this is our main ingredient. I prefer the filet, because it is much easier to work with it. But in order to cook a dish according to this recipe, you can use a whole peeled carcass of catfish. Fillet should be removed from the freezer and thawed. Defrosting fish, like meat, is best in the refrigerator, at low temperatures, however, if you have little time, you can defrost the fillet at room temperature or put the fish in a saucepan with water. Catfish fillet can be cut in portions, or you can leave it large - as you like.
Step 2: Prepare a breading for the catfish.The breading in this case is a mixture of aromatic spices that will give the soma a completely amazing taste. In a deep plate we mix spices - salt and black pepper, add paprika and thyme, and then cornmeal. Mix the ingredients with a spoon so that evenly distribute the ingredients. The breading is ready!
Step 3: Bake the catfish with paprika and thyme.Turn on the oven to preheat it to 190 degrees and take out a baking sheet. Lubricate it with a small amount of vegetable oil and start cooking fish. Pieces of fish are generously rolled in the freshly prepared breading. Put the finished fish on a baking sheet, and put it in the prepared preheated oven. Bake fish 15 minutes until crispy golden brown. Then turn off the oven, and leave the fish to warm there. During this time, you can manage to cook a delicious side dish.
Step 4: Serve the prepared catfish with paprika and thyme.The finished dish will go well with any side dish - be it rice, buckwheat, boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes, a salad of fresh vegetables or pasta. Serving catfish with paprika and thyme is better hotHowever, it is already very cold. The dish is fragrant and incredibly tasty! Enjoy your meal!
- - Try to cook this dish from the fillet of another fish.
- - To make the fish more sharp, you can add half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the breading.
- - Spices of lemon will add a piquant taste to the dish - be sure to try serving them with som with paprika and thyme.
- - When serving, the dish can be decorated with chopped herbs.
- - Corn flour can be replaced with wheat flour, but the dish will lose taste.
- - This dish is perfect as a cold snack on the festive table.