Ingredients for making puff pastry spirals
- Puff pastry 250 grams.
- Hard cheese (e.g. Parmesan) 70 grams.
- Chicken egg 1 piece.
- Sweet ground paprika 1 teaspoon.
- Salt, black pepper to taste.
- Premium wheat flour for rolling dough.
- Main Ingredients Cheese, Puff Pastry
- Serving 4 servings
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Bowl, Grater, Spoon, Rolling pin, Fork, Glass, Baking sheet, Cling film, Baking paper, Freezer, Oven, Serving plate
Cooking puff pastry spirals:
Step 1: prepare the filling.Cheese grated on a fine grater. In a bowl, mix the spoon with cheese, salt, pepper and paprika.
Step 2: prepare the egg.Break the egg with a knife into a glass and beat with a fork a little.
Step 3: prepare the dough.Defrost the dough in open packaging at room temperature for 2 hours. Then sprinkle the working surface with flour and roll the dough into a rectangle with a rolling pin 25 by 30 cm. Try to roll in one direction, then the dough will not break. I used the purchased, but you can always cook puff pastry according to a convenient recipe.
Step 4: prepare the spirals of puff pastry.Grease the dough with a beaten egg with a spoon. Sprinkle with grated cheese. We roll the dough with the filling into the roll and wrap it in cling film. Leave in the freezer for 10 minutes. Then we take the roll from the freezer and immediately cut it with a sharp knife on a cutting board. You should get about 24 slices. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. We cover the baking sheet with baking paper and lay out the spirals. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Step 5: serve the puff pastry spirals.Remove the finished spirals with a spatula and leave to cool at room temperature. Then put it on a serving plate and serve for tea. Enjoy your meal!
- - You can cook puff pastry on your own according to any recipe.
- - Before you put the spirals in the oven, they can be greased with egg yolk.
- - You can also make spirals with another filling, for example, with fried mushrooms crushed in a blender, ham or sweet with sugar and cinnamon.
- - Prepared coils can be frozen and baked if necessary.
- - Instead of paprika, you can use any spicy herbs, chopped basil.