Ingredients for making garlic baguette
- Dry yeast 16 gr. (fresh - 42 gr.);
- Water (room temperature, boiled) 300-350 ml .;
- Salt 3 teaspoons;
- Premium wheat flour 500 gr.;
- Butter 100 gr.;
- Garlic a few cloves (to taste);
- Greens (dill, parsley, chives, etc.). taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 5 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Inventory:Container for kneading dough ;, Rolling pin ;, Oven ;, Baking tray ;, Knife ;, Spoon ;, Garlic press ;, Frying pan ;, Vegetable oil (for greasing the pan) ;, Napkin or a clean kitchen towel (for covering the dough).
Cooking garlic baguette:
Step 1: Cook the yeast.About 50 grams of water breeds yeast. In order for the latter to "disperse" better, stir them thoroughly (trying to dissolve all the lumps) and put them in a warm place. Important! Yeast is most convenient "breed" in a glass.
Step 2: Knead the dough.
Step 3: Let the dough rise.After kneading the dough, he needs to rise in a warm place (under a cotton napkin). It takes about 30-40 minutes.
Step 4: Knead the dough a second time.After the dough has risen for the first time, it is kneaded again and left for 10 minutes.
Step 5: Prepare the filling.Melt the butter in a frying pan (over medium heat), add to it your favorite greens and garlic squeezed through a “garlic squeezer” (ground on a medium grater), 1 teaspoon of salt. Important! Cheese lovers can experiment and add to the filling 150 grams of any hard cheese (for example, "Russian"), which is rubbed on a coarse grater.
Step 6: Making Baguettes
Step 7: Put water on the bottom of the oven.To protect our baguettes from drying out during cooking, put a container of water at the very bottom of the oven. It can be a ducklings or a cast-iron frying pan.
Step 8: Bake the baguettes.Before baking, it is necessary to preheat the oven (enough 5 minutes). Puts a baking tray with baguettes in the oven and bake them 10 minutes at 240 degrees, then reduce the heat up to 200 degrees and bake another 10 minutes.
Step 9: Serve the garlic baguette.As we noted at the beginning, a garlic baguette is ideally combined with hot dishes, so it can be served, for example, with soup. Adoring spicy men, they are happy to use baguettes as an appetizer for cold beer. If cheese is added to the filling, baguettes turn into mini-pies, which are delicious to drink with tea or coffee. Enjoy your meal!
- - Some housewives prefer to knead the dough directly on the kitchen table, since a bowl of dough often slides along the work surface during the mesca. In this case, as soon as you see that almost all the liquid has been absorbed into the dough, you can dump it onto the table and continue kneading. At the end, grease the bottom of the bowl with a small amount of vegetable oil (or sprinkle it with flour), and put there a neat “bun” formed from dough. Cover the bowl with a napkin or a clean kitchen towel from above to protect the dough from "clogging";
- - Additional kneading after raising the dough, gives it better taste, the structure of the flour product becomes more "noble" and multifaceted;
- - It is worth noting that the amount of flour indicated in the recipes can vary significantly with its real volume, so when cooking, more often focus on your own intuition.