Ingredients for Making Mushroom Soup with Dumplings
- Mushrooms 100 grams of dried or 200-300 grams of fresh
- Water 0.7 liters
- 1 carrot medium-sized
- Parsley root 1 piece medium
- Onion 1 head, also medium
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Parsley 4 small twigs
- Milk 150 grams
- Semolina 100 grams
- Raw egg 1 piece
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Mushrooms
- Serving 4 servings
Inventory:Saucepan, Frying Pan, Knife, Colander, Spoon
Cooking mushroom soup with dumplings:
Step 1: Take the mushrooms.Fresh must be thoroughly cleaned, doused with boiling water and finely chopped. Dried - wash, soak an hour or so for three or four in cold water. Then, too, finely chopped or even pass through a meat grinder with a large mesh can. As you like more. Then they are in the pan - and let them boil. The resulting broth is the basis of the future soup. And we get the mushrooms with a slotted spoon or discarded in a colander. And to their pan. Together with finely chopped onions, carrots, roots. Celery, by the way, is also possible. Let it all be fried in butter. In the meantime, we will deal with dumplings.
Step 2: Cooking the dumplings.From semolina, milk, eggs in a saucepan or just on a cutting board, whichever is more convenient, knead the dough. A small flagellum should be rolled out of it and cut into small pieces. This is dumpling - an invention, by the way, not Russian, but European. But Russian cuisine is glorious in that it borrowed and creatively reworked the ideas of different peoples.
Step 3: Cook the soup.First, add mushrooms to the pan with mushroom broth from a pan with vegetables and roots. Is it boiling? Let it stand still a bit, cook until ready. Now let’s throw our dumplings there. And let it simmer until it pops up. This means that they are ready. Enjoy your meal!
- - Be very careful with the mushrooms collected by your own hands. Do not forget the "golden" rule of experienced mushroom pickers: if at least a little doubt whether your trophy is edible - throw it away. Health and life are more expensive.
- - Some housewives add grated cheese like parmesan to the dumplings. They say it’s even tastier.
- - If you use vegetable instead of butter, you get an excellent lean dish.