Cheese Dumpling Ingredients
- premium wheat flour 2 cups
- 2-3 eggs
- purified water 1 cup
- salt 1 tsp
- sugar 2 tsp
- cheese 300 gr (hard cheese is needed for cooking)
- Main ingredients Eggs, Flour
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineUkrainian Cuisine
pan for kneading dough, rolling pin, knife, whisk, dumpling device (optional)
Cooking dumplings with cheese:
Step 1: Cook the dough.
In a saucepan, mix the ingredients with a whisk, then put the dough on the table and knead it by hand. Carefully kneading, make sure that there are no lumps. After the dough is kneaded, leave it for 20-30 minutes. At the end of time, the dough must be rolled thinly with a rolling pin and cut into circles.
Step 2: make the filling.Cut the cheese into small cubes. Put one cube of cheese on one test circle.
Step 3: We make dumplings.If you do not have a special device for sculpting dumplings, you will have to do them manually. So, fold the cheese circle in half, and gently pinch with the tip of your thumb as shown in the figure. After a couple of minutes of training, you will definitely get beautiful and mouth-watering dumplings.
Step 4: Cook.In boiling salted water, lower the dumplings, and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the dough is ready. Then remove them with a slotted spoon and put them on a dish.
Step 5: Serve.Pour the prepared dumplings with melted butter. You can serve with sour cream and herbs, or just sprinkle with grated cheese. Good appetite!
- For cooking dumplings, use premium flour. To get a real Ukrainian dish, you need to mix two varieties of flour: wheat and buckwheat 1: 1.
- By the way, the dough can be cooked without adding eggs. Use boiling water instead, then it will turn out pretty cool.
- Ready dumplings can be fried, then they will be even tastier and more appetizing with a golden crust.
- If dumplings with sweet filling, then for the sauce you can use honey or sprinkle them with powdered sugar. And if they are cooked as a main course, then use grated lard, tomatoes, cheese.