Ingredients for Making Belgian Waffles
For the test:
- flour 0.7 cups (for this recipe you need premium wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup beer (use any light beer)
- milk 1/2 cup (milk of average fat content of 3.2% is required)
- butter 100-150 gr
- sugar 3 tbsp
- vanilla 1 tsp
- yeast 10 gr
- 2 eggs
- salt 1 pinch
- cream cheese 250 gr (you can use any cream cheese suitable for dessert, for example, mascarpone cheese)
- cream 1/2 cup (need 33% cream)
- sugar 4 tbsp
- fresh strawberries 15-20 pcs
- yolk 2 pcs
- Main ingredients: Milk, Flour, Beer
- Serving 2 servings
Inventory:bowl for kneading dough, bowl for mixing cream, whisk or mixer, measuring cup, waffle iron, 1 liter pan
Cooking Belgian Waffles:
Step 1: Knead the dough.Melt the butter in warmed milk, add salt and sugar. The mixture, not bringing to a boil, remove from heat and put the yeast there, leave for 5-7 minutes. Pour beer into the wheat flour in portions and add the eggs, mix everything thoroughly until smooth, then pour the mixture with milk and move again. It will take about 30 minutes for the dough to rise three times, if this did not happen, wait another 10-15 minutes.
Step 2: make the cream.We have enough time to prepare the cream while the dough is suitable. Using a whisk or mixer, whip the cream and yolks, add sugar, vanilla, cream cheese - mix everything well.
Step 3: Bake the waffles.For baking waffles you can not do without a special waffle iron. It is she who gives the Belgian waffles their unique texture and shape. Preheat the waffle iron and, if it does not have a special Teflon coating, grease it with butter or olive oil. Then fill the dough right in the middle and close the lid, some need to be applied. Depending on the type of waffle iron, the cooking time can vary from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
Step 4: Serve.Pour the finished wafers with cream and decorate with strawberries. They are served hot, so do not take long to wait! Good appetite!
- - Beer is used in the test for greater splendor, but it can be replaced with an equal amount of milk.
- - Pour the waffles with chocolate or put cold ice cream. You’ll just lick your fingers!
- - You can put together two waffles, and between them make a layer of cream, jam or chocolate.