Ingredients for the preparation of salted herring caviar
- Herring caviar 1 kg
- Water 2l
- Coarse salt (not iodized) 6 table. spoons
- Oil (vegetable) 5 table. spoons
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 3 servings
Inventory:Cutting board, Knife, Dishware, Saucepan, Frying pan, Towel, Filling cans
Preparation of salted herring caviar:
Step 1: Cut herring and get caviar.Caviar should be removed from live fish, because caviar is a very unstable product, and the main rule of salting is that caviar should be fresh. The sooner caviar is salted, the better. When cutting fish, it is necessary to very carefully remove the eggs, if possible with whole roasts, try not to mix them with bile, intestinal contents and blood, so as not to spoil the eggs. Outside, the ovaries have a film, and inside the connective tissue, in which the eggs are. It is possible to salt the caviar in the tart, but such caviar is considered to be of poor quality and much less tasty. So, we tear the piercer, put the caviar on a plate, free it from the films, crushed eggs, etc. We rinse with running cold water, only gently so that the eggs do not "run away."
Step 2: Prepare the brine.The second basic rule of salting is that the water should be twice as large in volume as caviar. Water must be clean. Dishes too. And if you plan to store caviar for up to six months, then the dishes and hands should not only be clean, but sterilized. The brine with which salted caviar is called brine. The solution must be very strong, and it is prepared as follows - dissolve the salt in water, bring to a boil, turn it off. We wait when the steam comes off, cool the solution to 15-20 degrees.
Step 3: Fill the caviar.Pour caviar with the received brine and give her time to brew. Depending on the time that the caviar will be in the brine, it can turn out to be slightly salted or salted. This is at your discretion. The longer you keep the eggs in the solution, the longer it can be stored. For long-term storage, it is enough to salt it for 20-25 minutes. We get the caviar, rinse it with cold water, taste it. And if there is enough salt, we spread the eggs in 1 layer on a towel so that the excess brine drains. While we wait, it is necessary to heat oil in a pan (refined sunflower, olive, cotton), and then cool. Oil is necessary in order to prevent eggs from sticking together. Add the chilled butter to the caviar, and put it in jars! We have just prepared a product rich in lecithin, vitamins A, E, D and group B, phosphorus, iron, other minerals, and you can only say one thing - Bon appetit!
- - Caviar can be frozen, but in this case it should be thawed in the refrigerator so that the eggs do not burst.
- - You can check the strength of the solution using raw potatoes, in a strong solution the potatoes will float.
- - You can not use bean and linseed oil, it gives the caviar an unpleasant aftertaste.
- - After salting, you can store caviar for 2-3 months. But an already opened jar - no more than a week. The best conditions for storing caviar, both open and closed, are from minus two to minus four degrees. Make sure that water does not get into the eggs.