Ingredients for making rabbit in wine
- Rabbit 1-1.5 kg
- Onions 2-3 pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Tomatoes 2 pieces
- Dry white wine 0.5 cup
- Black olives optional
- Ground black pepper to your liking
- Thyme to your liking
- Small bay leaf 1 piece
- Table salt to your liking
- Main Ingredients Rabbit, White Wine
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Cutting board, Sharp knife, Deep bowl, Stewpan or casserole with a thick bottom, Kitchen towel, Measuring cup, Fork, Stove, Serving plates
Cooking a rabbit in wine:
Step 1: Prepare the rabbit.Cut the carcass of the rabbit into portions (front and back legs, divide the back into several parts). Rinse the pieces of meat well under a stream of cold water and dry a kitchen towel. Put the stewpan on medium heat, add sunflower oil, put pieces of meat and fry them on all sides until golden brown.
Step 2: Stew the meat.Add to the stewpan 2/3 cup clear water, reduce heat and simmer, approximately 30-40 minutes. While stewing meat, peel the onion from the husk, rinse it and cut into large slices, about 6-8 parts. Separate the garlic from each other, but do not peel. At the end of time, add the onions and garlic to the stewpan. Stew until the meat is soft, so that the bone moves away from the meat, and it is easy to pierce it with a fork. It will take about an hour, maybe a little more, depending on the quality of the rabbit.
Step 3: Add the rest of the ingredients.Rinse the tomatoes well under water and cut into small cubes, add to the rabbit stewpan. Add a little salt, season with thyme and black pepper, add bay leaf, and about a handful of olives. Mix everything well. Now pour half a glass of wine into the stewpan, add a little fire and cook the meat another 5-10 minutes. At the same time, do not cover the stewpan so that the alcohol disappears from the dish. Then cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the rabbit in wine.Arrange the finished dish on serving plates and serve to the table hot. As a side dish, you can use boiled rice, potatoes or fresh vegetables, sliced or in the form of a salad. Good appetite!
- - In order to make the rabbit especially tender, you can soak it before cooking. To do this, soak the carcass of a rabbit in a bowl with a liter of clean water and a teaspoon of table vinegar. This procedure will take you several hours, but the result is worth it.
- - If desired, a rabbit can be prepared without the use of alcohol. Add to the stewpan instead of wine and tomato, 200 ml of sour cream, diluted with a glass of clean warm water. You will get a rabbit in sour cream sauce.
- - If necessary, while stewing a rabbit, add warm boiled water so that the meat does not burn.
- - If you do not like olive trees, then you can completely do without them. The taste of the dish from this will not lose.