Homemade Ricotta Ingredients
- milk 2 liters (any fat content)
- salt 0.5 tsp
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (you need to use fresh lemon juice)
- sugar 2 pinches
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Inventory:3 liter saucepan, cheesecloth, cheese pan
Cooking ricotta at home:
Step 1: Step 1: Cook the Cheese.Heat the milk over medium heat, but do not bring to a boil, add sugar, salt and hussus. After a minute or a little longer, a yellowish serum should appear. After this, allow the liquid to cool.
Step 2: We filter.Take cheesecloth and strain the cooled mass. The more liquid drains, the harder it is to get ricotta cheese. After the cheese has the desired consistency, put the mass in a mold and leave it for 2-3 hours in a cool place.
Step 3: serve.The cheese is ready. It can also be decorated with greens. Good appetite!
- - If you urgently needed a ricotta for any dish, it could well be replaced with curd cheese or ordinary cottage cheese.
- - Milk for cooking must be taken pasteurized. In addition, if you are preparing dessert using ricotta cheese, then milk must be taken with high fat content or cream should be used.
- - When boiling, do not bring the liquid to a boil and stir constantly, otherwise the cheese will turn out rubber.
- - Anise seeds can be added to the cheese, gourmets will appreciate the unique taste.