Ingredients for making millet porridge
- millet 1 cup
- milk 2 cups
- water 2 cups
- sugar to taste
- butter 100 gr
- salt to taste
- Main IngredientsMillet and Wheat
- Serving 2 servings
Inventory:pan, measuring cup, plate
Cooking millet porridge:
Step 1: Step 1: Rinse the porridge.Select dark grains and rinse in warm water until it becomes clear.
Step 2: Cook the porridge.In a pot with plenty of water, add washed millet and cook until tender. Then drain the water through a sieve and cook already in milk until fully cooked with sugar.
Step 3: serve.Cooking time on average 30 minutes. Add butter to a hot, ready-made cereal, so it will be even tastier. Good appetite!
- - Choose yellow millet, then the porridge will turn out very tasty.
- - If millet has expired it begins to bitter, you can easily get rid of it if you fry it in a skillet or pour boiling water before cooking.
- - If you are cooking for a child, then use baby milk and a blender to grind millet so that the baby chews well.
- - You can add raisins, nuts or pumpkin, zest, vanilla, spices and much more to porridge.
- - There are various types of millet. Some are suitable for cereals, others for soup or baking, so you should pay attention to what cereals you buy.
- - Porridge is ideal for a diet, the secret is that you need to cook it in water without adding oil.
- - Sweets will like porridge with jam or syrup.