Sit back, relax, and have a refreshing DAVIDsTEA raspberry drink. This one's great as an after-dinner cocktail or for...
Sit back, relax, and have a refreshing DAVIDsTEA raspberry drink. This one's great as an after-dinner cocktail or for when you’re having a group of friends over. It'll make you feel like you're on vacation — it’s a tart, sweet recipe that tastes like an island getaway.
For the cocktail
- 8 spoonfuls of DAVIDsTEA raspberry mojito tea
- 1 ½ Cup hot water
- 4 Ounces tequila
- 2 Ounces triple sec
- 1/3 Cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 4 lime slices
- 4 fresh mint sprigs (optional)
For the sugar rim
- 2 lime wedges
- ¼ Cup granulated sugar
Throw the Best July 4th BBQ With These Patriotic Food and Drink Recipes
The Fourth of July falls on a Saturday this year, which means more time for relaxing, celebrating with friends and family, and most importantly, more time for eating and drinking. Us Weekly rounded up the tastiest and most festive food and cocktail recipes so you can spend the holiday the way our Founding Fathers undoubtedly intended — full of treats and a little buzzed. Eat, drink, and gossip about your favorite celebs.
1 part watermelon schnapps
1. Build in the glass. Add watermelon schnapps and cranberry juice over ice, then carefully add lemon, simple syrup, and SVEDKA to layer the white layer.
2. VERY carefully layer the blue Curaçao to create the color separation.
4. Garnish with fresh watermelon pieces.
PHOTOS: Stars in Patriotic Bikinis
Hellmann’s Best Ever Juicy Burgers
1/2 cup Hellmann’s or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
2 lbs. ground beef [or ground turkey]
1. Combine Mayonnaise, bread crumbs, and Soup Mix in bowl.
2. Mix mayonnaise mixture into ground beef shape into eight patties.
3. Grill or broil until done. Serve burgers on buns.
4. Top with your favorite fixings.
Smart tip: For the Hellmann’s taste you love with the goodness of olive oil, substitute Hellmann’s or Best Foods Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil.
Barbecue Tip: For a delicious creamy barbecue sauce topping, combine 1/4 cup BBQ sauce with 1/2 cup Hellmann’s or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise. Spoon on juicy burgers and enjoy! Tip: If using ground turkey, oil grill or broiler pan before cooking.
2 parts Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka
1. Muddle blueberries at the bottom of a glass.
2. Add in Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka and grenadine.
3. Top off glass with club soda.
4. Garnish with lemon wedge.
PHOTOS: The Us Buzzzz-O-Meter: Skinnygirl White Cranberry Cosmo
Summer Roasted Potato Salad
2 pounds medium Red Bliss potatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
1 cup Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon
6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons smooth (Dijon) mustard
1 teaspoon chopped capers
6 gherkins, quartered lengthwise and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces plus 1 tablespoon of gherkin liquid
1 small bunch chives, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Arrange the potatoes on a single layer on a baking sheet and place it in the center of the oven.
3. Make the vinaigrette: In a small pot, reduce the Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon over medium heat until there are only about 2 tablespoons of liquid. In a bowl large enough to hold the potatoes, whisk together the red wine vinegar, shallots, mustard, mayonnaise, capers, and gherkins. Whisk in the reduced red wine. Taste for seasoning. When the potatoes are tender and yielding when pierced with the tip of a knife, 30-35 minutes, remove them from the oven. Allow them to cool for a few minutes. Peel half of them. Some potato skin is a nice flavor in the salad.
4. Finish the salad: Place the potatoes (halved or quartered, pending size) in the bowl with the dressing and lightly crush them with the tines of a fork. Season lightly with salt and pepper and toss them in the dressing. Sprinkle with the chives.
Tip: For the rest of your summer BBQing needs, pick up the Woodbridge Wine ‘Cue Sauce!
8 Perfect Spoonfuls Raspberry Mojito DAVIDsTEA
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) hot water (96°C)
1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
4 fresh mint sprigs (optional)
1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
1. Infuse hot water with tea for four to seven minutes strain and cool to room temperature.
2. Sugar Rim: rim four margarita glasses with lime wedges. Place sugar in shallow dish dip rim of glasses in sugar to coat. Set aside.
3. Add steeped tea, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, sugar, mint leaves, and ice to shaker shake to combine.
4. Strain into prepared glasses.
5. Garnish each with slice of lime and sprig of mint (if using).
Tip: Alternatively, prepare and mix drink in a pitcher, adding ice just before serving.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!
While most people can put together a traditional Cuban highball, this mojito recipe goes above and beyond to include a summery tea blend. Your standard mojito cocktail consists of white rum, sugar, sparkling water, mint and lime juice, but the Raspberry Moji-Rita from the DavidsTea blog combines two classic alcoholic beverages in one.
Also a twist on a margarita, this drink is made with Raspberry Mojito tea from DavidsTea, plus tequila, triple sec and other mojito ingredients. It even comes with a sugar rim for added flair. You will need to steep it in hot water first and let it cool before beginning.
Using a caffeine-free herbal tea, the mojito recipe has notes of raspberry and pepermint that goes really well with all the lime juice, lime wedges and granulated sugar.