Ingredients for cooking Ukrainian borsch
- broth 3-3.5 liters (for the preparation of the broth you need beef breast 0.5 kg and 1/2 chicken)
- smoked pork neck 50 gr
- boiled tongue 50 gr
- fat 50 gr
- beets -1 pc (for cooking you need a small beet, medium size) to taste
- onion 2 pcs (you will need medium onions)
- carrots -1 pc to taste
- cabbage 60 gr (need late cabbage)
- beans 1/2 cup (beans must be pre-boiled)
- vinegar 1 tbsp (vinegar 9%)
- prunes 20 gr
- garlic 3-4 cloves
- sour cream 60 gr
- butter 30 gr
- greens to taste
- bay leaf 3 pcs
- tomatoes 2 pcs
- Main ingredients: Beef, Beets, Prunes
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineUkrainian Cuisine
Inventory:5 liter saucepan, Knife, Cutting board, Frying pan
Cooking Ukrainian borsch:
Step 1: Cook the broth.The entire subsequent result of work depends on the correctness of the cooked broth. Therefore, carefully follow the recipe instructions. Rinse the chicken and brisket in running water and put on a large fire, add peeled onion, bay leaf and bring to a boil. Cook the broth for 2-2.5 hours, after which we take out the meat and cut it into small pieces. The broth is required to salt.
Step 2: We are preparing refueling.Sautéed tomatoes in oil, wipe in a sieve. Finely chop the beets with straws and fry in vegetable oil. Add 9% vinegar, 1 tablespoon of sugar and pour 3-4 tablespoons of broth, stew for 40-50 minutes on low heat. It came to carrots. Fry finely chopped vegetables until golden brown, then add a couple of tablespoons of broth and simmer for 5-7 minutes over low heat.
Step 3: Refuel Ukrainian borsch.It's time to season our borscht. Potatoes cut into strips or cubes, sent to the pan, followed by shredded cabbage. After 10 minutes, add the dressing from carrots and onions, after 5 minutes - dressing from beets, and already 5 minutes before cooking - fresh tomatoes, bay leaves, peppers and beans. Now grind the lard with garlic, add to the borsch and boil for another minute. Our whole dish is ready.
Step 4: Serve.Borsch is not served immediately, it must be infused, to find its true taste and aroma. When serving, add sour cream and herbs. It is necessary to treat guests with this dish with a loaf of Borodino bread and certainly hot. Good appetite!
- - For gourmets to appreciate your masterpiece, add prunes at the end of cooking, the dish will have an incomparable flavor.
- - Pressed garlic and lard will be very well combined with Ukrainian borsch.
- - If the borsch is successful, you will understand this, about its rich burgundy color and unmatched aroma and taste.