Pickled Broccoli Ingredients
- Filtered water 1.5 liters
- Sugar 8 tablespoons
- Salt 4 tablespoons
- Bay leaf 4-5 pieces
- Black peppercorns 14-15 pcs.
- Vinegar 9% 1 cup
- Sunflower oil 1 cup
- Cauliflower 1 forks
- Frozen broccoli 300-400 grams
- 2 carrots
- Garlic 5-6 cloves
- Dill greens 1 bunch
- Main Ingredients Broccoli
- Serving 6 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Large pan with lid, Cutting board, Sharp knife Glass, Tablespoon, Kettle, Garlic press, Paper or fabric towel, Large jar or glassware, Cooker, Refrigerator, Serving plate or portion plates
Cooking Pickled Broccoli:
Step 1: Cook the broccoli marinade.Pour 1.5 liters of water into a large pot, boil it, then add sugar, salt, sunflower oil, vinegar, peas and bay leaf. When the resulting mixture boils again, cook it again about 5 to 10 minutesstirring constantly. To make the marinade saturated, you need to cook it under the lid.
Step 2: Prepare all the vegetables for processing in the marinade.Peel the carrots from the skin with a sharp knife, defrost the broccoli under a stream of cold water directly in the package, then remove it from the package and divide it into inflorescences. Cauliflower also divided into inflorescences, and separate the garlic from the husk. Rinse all vegetables well with cold running water. Rinse dill greens first in cold water, then pour hot, boiled in a teapot, dry with a paper or cloth towel, chop finely or divide into twigs.
Step 3: Mix all the ingredients.Cut the carrots in rings or half rings, crush the garlic with a garlic press or cut into thin slices. In a large jar or glass dish, combine the inflorescences of cauliflower, as well as broccoli, carrot rings, and garlic slices. All this needs to be mixed well, then pour hot marinade. Pickled cabbage with vegetables within 36 hours in a dark, dry place.
Step 4: Serve the pickled broccoli.Ready pickled broccoli must be removed from the marinade, which is drained, put this dish in the refrigerator for a while (2 - 3 hours) Serve appetizer in a serving dish or portioned dishes in a cold form to various side dishes: potatoes, meat and even spaghetti decorated with sprigs of dill. Good appetite!
- - Broccoli can be pickled not only with the above vegetables, you can add or use the following instead of them: sweet pepper, cucumbers, onions (whole), as well as chili peppers.
- - Instead of frozen broccoli, it is best to use fresh, the taste of the finished dish will significantly differ for the better from that made from the frozen product.
- - Serving pickled broccoli is recommended as an appetizer for vodka, whiskey or other spirits.
- - If you serve pickled broccoli with soy sauce, this dish will become your favorite, as the delicate taste and aroma of soy sauce will well complement the taste of spicy pickled broccoli.
- - This dish can be prepared for the winter by canning. To do this, sterilize the jars, put the broccoli with the marinade there and roll the lids.