Ingredients for the Preparation of Peking Cabbage Kimchi
- Beijing cabbage (head) 2 pieces
- Salt 200 grams
- Purified water 2 liters
- Red pepper (coarse grinding) 250 grams
- Green onion (feather) 8 pieces
- Radish (medium sized) ½ piece
- Garlic (head) 2 pieces
- Ginger 1 piece
- Onion ½ piece
- Apple (medium sized) ½ piece
- Pear (medium size) ½ piece
- Sugar 4 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients Cabbage
- Serving Portion 18 Servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Cutting board, Knife, Spoon, Two flat plates, Deep bowl, 3 liter bottle, Blender or grater, Medium-sized bowl, Refrigerator, Colander, Polyethylene glove
Making kimchi from Beijing cabbage:
Step 1: prepare the Beijing cabbage.First, we need to rinse our main ingredient under running water. After on a cutting board with a knife cut Chinese cabbage into four parts and cut off the stump from each piece. And while we are preparing our cabbage for the most important cooking process, I want to note that kimchi, like Korean carrots, is slowly becoming popular not only on the Korean table, but also an honorable snack around the world. Indeed, for the first time lovers of spicy dishes met kimchi at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul. That's when most of humanity found out what pickled Beijing cabbage is and what it is eaten with. And today in many countries, not only in Korea, this is an ordinary snack, just very tasty and easy to prepare.
Step 2: chop the cabbage.
Step 3: prepare the water.
Step 4: grind the extra ingredients.
Step 5: working with radish.In a flat plate we rub the radish on a coarse grater. By the way, radish is recommended to choose medium sizes without cracks and always hard. Such characteristics are characteristic of a ripe and juicy vegetable. And, of course, it is better to plan the process of making kimchi, since the radish is not stored at home for long. She can lie in the refrigerator for only a few days. After she loses her not only taste, but also useful. Indeed, in this ingredient of our dish with you there are medicinal substances and vitamins.
Step 6: chop the green onions.
Step 7: mix all the ingredients.Our cabbage is still sour in solution. All ingredients are ready. We start the mixing process. In a deep bowl, in which there is already a homogeneous mass, which we made in step 4, add ground red pepper, green onion and radish. Anyone who loves sweeter foods can add another spoonful of sugar. And with a spoon, mix everything well. As a result, we get this pasta, in which the appetizer will be pickled.
Step 8: process the Beijing cabbage.
Step 9: serve kimchi to the table.In a deep bowl with already squeezed cabbage, spread the paste and mix well with a spoon. Important: in no case try kimchi until it is marinated certain time. 2 days we leave pickled Chinese cabbage in a cool place at room temperature. Anyone who likes such dishes with a more acidic taste can wait two days. And only after that, we put the snack in the refrigerator so that it does not turn sour. He will not depart from Korean traditions of cuisine - you can serve kimchi from Beijing cabbage with boiled rice, even without meat dishes. Good appetite!
- - Chinese cabbage kimchi is easier to cook in the warm season. Then it is easier to find all the necessary ripe ingredients, such as, for example, a pear.
- - In summer, it is necessary to soak Beijing cabbage in saline for at least 2-3 hours, and in winter - 6-7 hours, but not in the refrigerator. At the same time, if you do not add or wait for the necessary time for the vegetable to be salted, the product will begin to ferment and possibly not very useful bacteria will appear in it. As a result, all your labors may be wasted.
- - To make real kimchi from Beijing cabbage, it is better to add red ground pepper to the recipe. This spice is sold by Koreans. In taste, it differs from ordinary ground pepper.
- - You can give free rein to your imagination. And you can add spices to your snack. In general, there are quite a few different recipes for making kimchi from Beijing cabbage. The composition may include soy sauce with vinegar, and fresh chili pepper, and ideally add fish or anchovy sauce and small salted shrimps.