Ingredients for Making a Christmas Tree
- Chocolate (you can use any, according to your preference) 100 grams
- Peeled nuts (you can take, as walnuts or forest, as well as almonds or even cashews) 60 grams
- Powdered sugar (for decoration) 20-30 grams
- Main Ingredients Nuts, Cocoa and Chocolate
- Serving 2 servings
Inventory:Cardboard, Scissors, Food foil, Knife, Deep pan, Long handle stewpan, Dessert spoon, Teaspoon, Two cutting boards, Flat plate, Blender, Stove
Making a Christmas tree:
Step 1: make cardboard forms.To begin with, our Christmas tree turned out beautiful with neat tiers, cut out of cardboard with the help of ordinary scissors, wide crosses with rounded edges. There can be an unlimited number of Christmas tree branches until we run out of chocolate already in the process of preparation. Each tier should be "by eye" slightly smaller than the previous one. To get a 6-centimeter Christmas tree, we need 8 tiers with a diameter of 6 millimeters of the first shape.
Step 2: prepare the surface for the preparation of chocolate layers.We need a smooth surface to make a chocolate tree. We will not come up with a bicycle. Everything is very simple! To do this, take a cutting board and wrap it with food foil. Of course, if we are preparing Christmas tree tiers on the cut cardboard itself, it will not be very beautiful: chocolate will stick to the paper base when solidified and it will be very difficult to separate it later. Therefore with a knife easy to trace on foil cardboard templates. Try not to pierce the fotlga, since in the future we will bake it on it. We got the contours for the Christmas tree. We don’t need cardboard anymore.
Step 3: prepare the nut crumbs for the chocolate twigs.Using a blender, using the second or third speed, chop the nuts. But in no case do not enable maximum speed or turbo mode. Since we need exactly large nut crumbs. You can use an ordinary knife instead of an electric appliance. Then using our palms we create a fence so that the pieces of our nuts do not bounce to the side and get lost in the open spaces of the kitchen.
Step 4: make liquid chocolate.Now let's do the main work - melt the chocolate in a water bath. To do this, we need two kitchen tools. The first is a deep pan filled with hot water to half the capacity; the second is a stewpan with a long handle, with which we will keep this saucepan on weight, dipping it a little in the water of the first container. So, to make the chocolate melt faster, grind it on a cutting board with a knife or even easier - break chocolate with hands. We spread the chocolate pieces in a saucepan and over medium heat, when the water boils in a deep pan, stir with a dessert spoon until the main ingredient is completely turned into chocolate liquid. After - add the crumb nut into liquid chocolate and continue stirring for a couple of minutes, so that we get a homogeneous mass.
Step 5: prepare the chocolate twigs.The most important Christmas tree preparation process is over. Now the most accurate step begins when the appearance of our masterpiece becomes important. Using a teaspoon and necessarily liquid chocolate, we form chocolate twigs on a circled outline. Try not to go beyond the edges of the form, because it will be very disappointing if there is not enough chocolate. And do not forget that what is the tree without the top? It can be made either from whole walnut or from a chocolate-nut mass. If you choose the last option, then do not forget to spray a drop of this mixture with the same spoon near the formed chocolate twigs. Attention: you also need to leave a spoonful of liquid chocolate for further cooking.
Step 6: cool the chocolate twigs.If you are not in a hurry, you can leave our Christmas tree components on a cutting board for about 40-60 minutes. In another case, a refrigerator is also suitable.
Step 7: fasten the chocolate tree.After the chocolate twigs have solidified, gently finish the hardened mixture from the foil. So it's time for the remaining spoonful of chocolate. Melt the chocolate again and begin to fasten our Christmas tree together. We spread the first twig on a flat plate. Grease the next twig in the center of the base with liquid chocolate and cover it with the first main tier of dessert. Press lightly so that our "beauty" does not fall apart. We continue to repeat the procedure for fastening the tiers until the case ends with the top of the tree.
Step 8: serve the chocolate tree.In the end sprinkle each sprig with powdered sugar. Then the children will especially be delighted. And if the window has not snowed yet, then you will get a real edible New Year tree in miniature, which you can also eat to everything else! Happy New Year and ... Bon appetit!
- - If you want to decorate the festive table with your chocolate creation, and there is not enough space for another dish, then you can cut a circle out of cardboard, with a diameter of 1 centimeter more compared to the first tier of the Christmas tree. Wrap the circle with food foil and attach the Christmas tree with melted chocolate.
- - You can fantasize and sprinkle a chocolate tree not only with powdered sugar, but also with a sprinkle for Easter cakes. Then your magic dessert will turn out not only delicious, but also bright.
- - If you do not want to heat chocolate with a water bath, you can not worry and use the microwave. To do this, you will need a small temperature-resistant dish, preferably with a lid, so that the chocolate does not spill over the entire inside of the equipment.
- - If you want to make a delicious and edible present for your child on New Year's Eve, then you can immediately prepare several chocolate Christmas trees. To buy either ready-made chocolate toys, or to cook independently in such special tins of chocolate bunnies, or for example, Grandfathers Frost. Then wrap a rectangular sheet of cardboard with food foil and arrange chocolate products on it, without limiting yourself to imagination. Then sprinkle all this “miracle” with powdered sugar and scatter sweets, sea stones and many other sweets under the Christmas trees.